Ants emerging from sewer pipe

TheRandomDude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was taking pictures for my underground project at art school and suddenly I spotted a sewer pipe with all these small ants pouring out. I turned on my macrolens and got as close as possible and took this amazing photo, there is another one but it's got more movement and is slightly more blurred but i'll post it anyway

Image-D960209F367211DA.jpg

Image-D9600C80367211DA.jpg

WOW..thats neat. Looks like something out of a horror movie. Cool shot. Welcome to the forum too.

Waaaaayyyy cool.
At least you have GOT a macro lens to quickly put on in case you see something like this! I have not. All I can try to get is a decent shot in the so-called "macro mode" of my little compact digi (see below) and crop it so it takes us close enough to really see...
(You can see my attempt in the "Creepy Crawlies" theme here http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=297311#post297311. "My ants" (among other creepy crawlies) were posted on 19 September.)

accually, I only did it with my tiny pentax Optio S digital camera and i'm far from a photo student although I am going to art college atm. Nice quality though isn't is? I think that there is accually a normal macro mode and a super macro mode on it that is quite handy (this is in super which I prefer because you see so much more).

Most reactions

Back