Any advice for a beginner??

Well, it's been 2 months and the OP has not been heard from since starting the thread.

"Hello! I am fascinated by photography...." Ok!

oh nos! Spam bots on the loose!
Actually, not spam nor a robot! To be any sort of photographer, u need to learn the basics of how DSLR's work, understanding lighting, camera settings, composition, editing, etc. I simply recommend a means to attain that basic understanding. I'm sure there are numerous books on learning these basics. I'm just recommending one that worked for me. Besides, bots don't respond.

You really want people to believe your link with an URL like that is not spam?... 4953e92mwfy-wub3ymx--rdm4f.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=BASICS :lol:
Could be wrong but I wouldn't click that link in a million years.

On choosing a camera, I wrote a blog that might be helpful:
Shutter Speed: Choosing a Camera
Just FYI:

- There are more types of cameras than just P&S and DSLRs, like the recent but already very popular concept of EVIL (eletronic viewfinder interchangeable lens). Also, even many "pure" P&S already allow very extensive controls of the shot, including full manual mode.

- The advantages of DSLRs from Canon and Nikon are:
1. ultimate operation speed
2. the large selection of available lenses, including cheaper alternatives from other companies (Sigma, Tamron and others)
3. the large amount of experience with camera design, resulting in good controls and good overall performance in all quality subcategories (and not just good performance in some parts while others are unsatisfying)
4. being able to see what the camera is going to shoot without any time delay or consumation of electricity

Wow that was a lot of information and advice. When I 1st started 1 1/2 back, I start reading from books and internet. It was information overloaded. The real learning is when I purchase the camera and start to shoot!

Of course, to do that you need to overcome the most basic question. What is the best and most reasonable priced camera that can help you do everything. hahaha

Most reactions

Back