Any chance of mating this with a current DSLR?

Have you bothered to send a text to the seller, who I assume lives in your area? I assume that since he has the lens in his possession that he knows what mount it is.

Last edited:
Either way your unlikely to be able to adapt to a DSLR ...

Just check eBay -- there are C-mount adapters for a number of SLR mounts including Nikon, Canon EF, M42 and others.
None of which will focus to infinity (or anywhere beyond a few inches at the 9mm end).
c-mount lenses have to be recessed into the MFT mount for infinity focus. SLR mounts will typically give 30mm extension beyond the lens design.

FWIW googling canon J45x gives several auctions of (looking simiar) mentioning the old B3 professional video mount - a breech design, with the locking ring on the lens similar to the FD mount.
This mount has been replaced by the B4-mount which apparently can be adapted to EF.

Last edited:
FWIW googling canon J45x gives several auctions of (looking simiar) mentioning the old B3 professional video mount - a breech design, with the locking ring on the lens similar to the FD mount.
This mount has been replaced by the B4-mount which apparently can be adapted to EF.

B3 to EF mount adapters exist.

Have you bothered to send a text to the seller, who I assume lives in your area? I assume that since he has the lens in his possession that he knows what mount it is.

No, I never intended to try it since all my stuff is Nikon and I don't have the money to play with something like this.

I just thought it would be a cool thing for inner photography-mad-scientist to ponder.

And I actually found out all I needed, that despite how TV images look, it may not translate well to stills.

Most reactions

Back