Any D300 users?

:( it ended up being to good to be true... in my original email to him, I said "if this is a scam, I don't want it" and I didn't get any response, so, I sent another email, from a different address, just stating I was interested, and I got the same old reply you always get from those scammers.. "this is a great camera, let me tell you about it, blah blah blah, right now I live in englad, and we can set it up through paypal, blah blah blah" makes me sad.. I was pretty stoked because the ad didn't look like the usual scams.. I guess they are getting smart..

I'm going to go to my local camera store today though, because they told me a while back, that when I'm ready to upgrade, they always know people who are selling used, at great prices.. so I'll see what I can find, because I'm ready to upgrade.

let me guess, his family business is going down. lol

its like you've met these people before!
most of the scam stories on here are the same. either a family business going down in england or a nigerian prince in need of money lol. They work like that when u send the money through paypal they transfer the money somwhere else and close theitr account or something like that.

yea I know..

a few years ago, I had placed an add for my Peavey Ecoustic amp on my website, and i got an email from one of these guys... stating he would send me a check (for an obsecene amount of money) I could take my charge for the amp, and the charge for the shipping, and send the rest back with the amp...

obviously I knew it was a scam.. BUT, he sent a "check" of some sort.. when i called the bank that was listed on the check, it was no such place.. he was obviously expecting me to cash it at my bank, send him the money, and get stuck with the NSF charge..

I think i still have the check around here somewhere..

The first response I got when I sold my D60 on craigslist was from someone wishing to pay me $150 for shipping to send it to South Africa for someone doing volunteer work of some kind. (Right....)

I eventually got a real inquiry from a kid a little younger than me who wished to buy it for his girlfriend. Met with them, and sold it with no problems.

The system does work, you just need to be careful. Who knew there were so many nigerian prices out there!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back