Any Graphic Designers here?

AdamBomb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Guys! I'm attending College and am majoring in Graphic Design Technology. Do you have any advice for me? And any recommendations on a minor? I would also like to take some photog classes and get a certificate in photography.

Yup i am :mrgreen:

As far as advice goes, all i can really say is try everything and then work to your strong points or what you enjoy the most.
Some Graphic Design courses will include many different types of design as you work though the years.
I did 5 years to get my degree and covered pretty much everything in that time, including photography.

My weekest points were illustration, so i tended to keep away from that approach whenever i was given a project.... but my strong points where creative imagery, typography and branding, so i always did well there... and thats what i do now for a living.... well, the branding part mainly :p

Have fun (i know i did) and enjoy it while it lasts. It can be difficult to get a job in design, as apart from your qualifications its also based on your portfolio... and much of the time you have to relocate if you want to get the exact job thats right for you. Well thats how it is in England anyways... it maybe different in the US. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back