Any photography instructors out there?

acparsons

Photo Hunter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'll be a teaching photography class in the spring. I'm wondering if there are any photography teachers in the forum to bounce some ideas off of.

Happy New Year!!!

Yep, been at it for awhile.

Joe

I've been known to impart knowledge on occasion.

I've tutored people and sold one-on-one in-person lessons over the years, but do not consider myself a full-time instructor. Ysarex on here is a college-level instructor and doubtless has some very well-formed opinions on various aspects of formal photography teaching. Best of luck to you in your teaching endeavors!

I've tutored people and sold one-on-one in-person lessons over the years, but do not consider myself a full-time instructor. Ysarex on here is a college-level instructor and doubtless has some very well-formed opinions on various aspects of formal photography teaching. Best of luck to you in your teaching endeavors!
I have learned some really neat things from Joe (Ysarex) and he does a great job breaking the info down and his years of teaching show.

What is fun now is to watch him try and tackle old wives tales (OWT). Look for DoF and sensor size for a great example thread.

Derrell also discounts his own knowledge, but he does not tilt at windmills as much. Derrell tends to state stuff with authority and not debate OWT, he just says why the are wrong and leave it. But if you have questions he does a great job of explaining items.

If you can get pointers from either one, I would say you will do well.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Thanks all, I received a lot of help and have the syllabus and book designed. I taught a class at our business school 5 years ago, which needed specific skills. This go round will be culinary to beauty design to architecture majors, should be fun. Happy New Year!!!

This go round will be culinary to beauty design to architecture majors, should be fun.
Yes, I can see how that might be well-received. Be ready for those students who will not "get it". Good luck, and happy new year!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back