Any riders out there??

Rode mine today, sunny and clear skies: :wink:QUOTE]

Lucky dog. It's -5C out today with ice and snow packed up everywhere, it' gonna be a while before I get the sloptail out. BTW it's a 1988 and came to me all apart in various boxes.

I've had other bikes, but always wanted one of these. It's not fast, it's noisy, (but no leaks), does not handle like a Ferrari, stops are not instantaneous but I get a lot of statisfaction from owning and riding it. Ever notice how the girls always look when a Hog goes by ;)

I've had other bikes, but always wanted one of these. It's not fast, it's noisy, (but no leaks), does not handle like a Ferrari, are not instantaneous but I get a lot of statisfaction from owning and riding it. Ever notice how the girls always look when a Hog goes by ;)

Well, you know what they say... "Loud pipes save lives"

The Harley noise is always welcome on the road, it's mainly for people driving cars and talking on a cell phone. They don't see you but sure as h*ll they hear you!

Sorry you have to wait for the good weather! :( I'm very spoiled down here in Arizona.

You know what? We should have a photo/Harley (or any motorcycle) meet of sorts or organize a ride (some cameras along would be good too)...

i am jealous of you! i love those bike.

Got any pictures? :)

I couldn't find one of the Elsinore but...

BSA Lightning
BSAfront.jpg

Norton Commando
norton.jpg

And a really bad snap of the Ducs from when so took them camping last year for a Brit bike meet.
ducs.jpg

Started riding motorcycles on the road in 1964 on an Ariel Colt (200cc, single cylinder 4-stroke) and what a piece of crap it really was but kept it going long enough to get my full licence. Next one was a 500cc BSA Star Twin (no, not the Shooting Star) followed by a 650cc Triumph T110, then in no particular order, but as I remember them, there was a 350cc AJS single, 1,000cc, 4 cylinder Ariel Square four with a chair (sidecar). That was in the days of Max Deubel and Fritz Scheidegger and that engine had enough torque to get the rear tire smoking on roundabouts, great fun.
There was a 250cc BSA C11g for a while, a Triumph Thunderbird, an Ariel Red Hunter (350cc single), a 500cc Vincent Comet, BSA B31 (350cc single) then finally a pair of Tritons. These are Triumph engines in Norton frames and the reason for doing that is because the Triumph engines turned out the most power and would even hold together for a short while, unlike the Norton twins, but the Triumph frame felt like it had a hinge in the middle and was referred to as "Instant Whip". The Tritons were the best of both worlds until the rice-burners got their act together with the larger displacement bikes.
There was a bunch more I either owned or loaned for short periods including a Vincent Black Shadow, 500cc Ariel Red Hunter twin, 650cc AJS twin, Ariel Arrow (twin 2-stroke) , Norton Dominator 500cc and probably more but memory's the 2nd thing to go you know.
My last bike was a Suzuki GSX1100G but that had to go after the divorce and just haven't got around to getting another, maybe this summer?

I couldn't find one of the Elsinore but...

BSA Lightning
BSAfront.jpg

Norton Commando
norton.jpg

And a really bad snap of the Ducs from when so took them camping last year for a Brit bike meet.
ducs.jpg

Thanks for posting these goddess. Makes me want one more. I will have to start saving!

PG, love that Norton Commando bike!

My dad just got rid of....

Honda Pan European
Fazer 1000
GSX 750

int hte last 6 months... hes crazy... :crazy:

now we have a honda deauville =/

I have got a tuned Yamaha FZS1000 as I fancied something that could go round corners without having to shut off the throttle.... prior to that I had 3 full power V-MAX which don't corner too well, one after the other, 2 of which were imported from Arizona, (the British versions were restricted to death).

Funny thing about this thread.... my 18 year old son just came home with his very first speeding ticket. He was clocked doing 110 in a 65 zone on a 1985 Ninja 900. Truth be told, he was actually doing 135 in a 65. Kids... UGH!!! :banghead:

Funny thing about this thread.... my 18 year old son just came home with his very first speeding ticket. He was clocked doing 110 in a 65 zone on a 1985 Ninja 900. Truth be told, he was actually doing 135 in a 65. Kids... UGH!!! :banghead:

Is this MPH or KPH ?

if its MPH in England it would be an instant ban and possible prison sentence. :grumpy:

Haha... I'd say frame the ticket and hang it on a wall!

I'm after an old style. One from the 60's or something where they have no brakes and give you a massive headache from the noise.

But first I need the money to get a license. Oh, and to buy the actual bike...

Because my car was built in '68 I don't have to pay road tax each year. I've no idea if it's the same for bikes, which would be great if it was.

I have been riding just about anything with a motor for some time... grew up on dirtbikes (always friends) and then once I got out of the military in 1998 I started riding fairly seriously... right now I snowmobile (a ton) and tour on my 2003 Honda Goldwing...

My list goes something like this:

Bikes:
1984 Honda Interceptor 1000
1999 Honda XR-650L
2002 Yamaha R1
1989 Honda Pacific Coast
1984 Honda Goldwing Aspencade

And currently a 2003 Honda Goldwing...

Sleds:
1974 Ski Roule 340
1977 Arctic Cat El-Tigre
1999 Arctic Cat 440LC