What's new

Any Tips On Getting Rid of Chromatic Aberration?

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 27, 2008
Messages
2,837
Reaction score
405
Location
Bemidji, Minnesota, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried different apertures and this was the least noticeable:

8295694506_85edb7b720_b.jpg
 
Shoot in raw and check the "fix chromatic abberation" box.
 
Lightroom 4 is very good with getting rid of CR, and I shoot wide open alot.
 
Thank you all. I did shoot that in RAW but did not see the option. I will look again. Also I will bring it into LR and also follow that link.

I use the 64bit of Photoshop CS5.1, 64-bit version of LR 3.4, and GiMP 2
 
that works with some lenses better then others. sometimes tweaking color levels helps if its really bad, but just make sure it doesnt change the photos colors too much
 
Buy better lenses.
 
That'll be awhile yet until I can afford to do that, however it is a good idea though (if not the only one).
 
On my phone, it looks like you cut down the CA a little, but it almost seems that you boosted clarity...is that how you did it?
 
I don't believe so...I found the tab that hides the CA corrector and then under the HSL/Grey Scale tab adjusted the blue and red sliders...then did a slight high-pass sharpening and that is the outcome...it is a crop from what a 300mm can actually do...here is the original...

$_MG_4827_small.webp
 
In PS...
After opening your image in Photoshop, go to Filter -> Distort ->Lens Correction…
On the right side panel you should find a set of controls named Chromatic Aberration...there you will find a set of sliders.
Is this what you tried already?
 
Hey I did a few just like this the other night. Have to get off my lazy bum and convert from raw still
 
In PS...
After opening your image in Photoshop, go to Filter -> Distort ->Lens Correction…
On the right side panel you should find a set of controls named Chromatic Aberration...there you will find a set of sliders.
Is this what you tried already?

Sort of but in Camera RAW 6.7

It got rid of the purple fringe but there is still a white line around the moon
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom