Anybody else receive this PM today?

Idaho21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I received this PM today. Anybody else get the same thing?

Hi,

I recently had the pleasure of seeing some of your work and this prompted me to contact you. We are seeking advice from working pros and photographers who shoot on a pro level for a photography newsletter we plan to publish on a monthly basis. Our goal is to rely on seasoned photographers to contribute photos and articles to assist up-and-coming shutterbugs learn the ropes. If you are willing to share a few minutes of your time, I will greatly appreciate your input into what a top-quality photo newsletter should include. Your opinion is valued given the quality of your work.
I have been a photographer from about 40 years. Many of those years have been spent as a professional. My writing credentials include more than 100 books published by major publishers. Feel free to Google my name, R. Dodge Woodson, to verify my credentials. Lone Wolf Enterprises, Ltd. (www.lonewolfent.net), my company, is a well-known book producer and publisher. Up until this year we concentrated on professional reference books. Now that I am getting older, I am more interested in following my passion for photography. My company has four photo books scheduled for publication and we are looking into ebooks and the newsletter that I am writing you about.
Your thoughts of what will make a great newsletter will be extremely helpful to us and to the thousands of photographers seeking knowledge from the pros.
My vision for the newsletter at this point is outlined below:
• 24 pages long and published monthly
• High-quality layout and content
• Truly useful information, not a rehash of books that have been around for years
• Pro, or pro-quality, contributors in various fields who provide fresh information that is not available from other sources
• How-to articles
• News in the photography industry
• Travel sites for photographers
• Equipment section
• Meet the photographers—this would be a section where certain photographers are highlighted, have a chance to say a few words and post their contact information.
• Reader’s open forum page for their questions and comments
• Get Published Now! tip boxes found throughout the pages
• Special email bulletins on breaking news
• Events calendar for photo opportunities
• Reviewer’s corner for reviews on everything from equipment to books to money-making opportunities
• Color photographs will accompany articles where suitable
• Inexpensive classified ads be allowed in the back of the newsletter
• Free sample issue and then a monthly subscription fee
This is my general concept.
What do you think should be deleted from the lineup?
What should we add to the newsletter?
What is a fair monthly subscription rate for 24 pages of pro-quality information that is not available elsewhere?
How can we create a better product and service?
Is this something that you, as a photographer, would be interested in?
Your participation in this question is generous, and I thank you. If you would like to be considered as an occasional contributor, or perhaps even one of the regular contributors, please let me know and I will contact you when we are ready for material to publish. There would, of course, be no cost to you for having your work and words published.
Thank you.
R. Dodge Woodson

Nope, but I'd send him my bank info to see if he's legit.

I was just curious if anybody else had gotten this. I figured right away that it is some sort of a scam.

[FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1]That's nothing. I got this one last week. Is this guy on the level?

It is with heart full of hope and gods wish that I write to seek your help in the context below. I am Mr. Claudio Kabila, the second son of the late Laurent Kabila Former President of the Democratic Republic of Congo (D.R.C) whose sudden death occurred in January 2001. Having gotten your particulars from my late father's library, I have no doubt to your capacity and goodwill to assist me in receiving into your custody (for safety) the sum of one Nikon D3X willed and deposited in the favor of myself and my mother who is the second wife of the late president. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] This camera is currently kept in a trust deposit vault with a B&H Photo here in (DUBAI) However, the new Government headed by my step brother Joseph has on assumption of office setup an inquiry to recover all the F2.8 lenses belonging to my late dad including primes and telephoto with the pretense of safe-keeping, but with actual intention of personal inheritance. All this because we are from a polygamous family.(He shoots Canon) The investigation team has submitted their report, presently some pocket wizzards have been seized. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] Fortunately, I managed to escape from the country,and with the help of our lawyer, I am presently living as a refugee here until I succeed in the transaction and due to the situation of things our lawyer has strictly advised that the willed camera be urgently moved into an over-seas studio of a trusted Foreign family friend without delay for security reasons. I expect you to be trustworthy and kind enough to respond to this call (SOS) to save my entire family and me from a hopeless future, devoid of full-frame sensors. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] I hereby agree to compensate your sincere effort in this regard with a Flickr PRO account. The attorney here has perfected arrangements with Scott Kelby to effect complete enrollment in Photoshop classes within a week of the receipt of your response through telephone and fax. They have equally guaranteed 100% risk free and smooth transfer. reply me via e-mail: [email protected][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] Best Wishes
Mr. Claudio Kabila , [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] I look forward to your quick response. May God bless you for your kindness. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Aha!

That's rather pathetic.

[FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1]That's nothing. I got this one last week. Is this guy on the level?

It is with heart full of hope and gods wish that I write to seek your help in the context below. I am Mr. Claudio Kabila, the second son of the late Laurent Kabila Former President of the Democratic Republic of Congo (D.R.C) whose sudden death occurred in January 2001. Having gotten your particulars from my late father's library, I have no doubt to your capacity and goodwill to assist me in receiving into your custody (for safety) the sum of one Nikon D3X willed and deposited in the favor of myself and my mother who is the second wife of the late president. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] This camera is currently kept in a trust deposit vault with a B&H Photo here in (DUBAI) However, the new Government headed by my step brother Joseph has on assumption of office setup an inquiry to recover all the F2.8 lenses belonging to my late dad including primes and telephoto with the pretense of safe-keeping, but with actual intention of personal inheritance. All this because we are from a polygamous family.(He shoots Canon) The investigation team has submitted their report, presently some pocket wizzards have been seized. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] Fortunately, I managed to escape from the country,and with the help of our lawyer, I am presently living as a refugee here until I succeed in the transaction and due to the situation of things our lawyer has strictly advised that the willed camera be urgently moved into an over-seas studio of a trusted Foreign family friend without delay for security reasons. I expect you to be trustworthy and kind enough to respond to this call (SOS) to save my entire family and me from a hopeless future, devoid of full-frame sensors. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] I hereby agree to compensate your sincere effort in this regard with a Flickr PRO account. The attorney here has perfected arrangements with Scott Kelby to effect complete enrollment in Photoshop classes within a week of the receipt of your response through telephone and fax. They have equally guaranteed 100% risk free and smooth transfer. reply me via e-mail: [email protected][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] Best Wishes
Mr. Claudio Kabila , [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=helvetica, verdana][SIZE=-1] I look forward to your quick response. May God bless you for your kindness. [/SIZE][/FONT]

i emailed that dude and he stole my entire life's savings! :grumpy:

HAAH! There isn't even a B&H here in UAE! :) if there was, then I would have been buying stuff from them already! heheheh!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back