Anybody have pictures taken with D5100 effects?

Sorry for spam, but I would highly recommend the D7000. You feel so much more free with it than with a lower end model - for a digital camera it feels way more manual, while still having good Auto mode(s).

Rexx6.0 said:
The effects aren't what is swaying me towards the 5100... the actual usability of it is. I just won't ever use all the features the 7000 offers...I just wanted to see some real life examples of the effects vs ones Nikon "took"Another reason for the effects I like, is I don't want to be someone who has to edit all my pictures in a program afterwards. Not a fan of "post-editing" pictures you took, just my .02....
And what exactly do MY pictures have to do with you buying a camera? If you want to critique my pictures then you can do on MY thread thank you very much. And I didn't "take" any "post-editing" pictures. They are pictures taken THEN edited. I didn't realize by giving my opinion on a camera that you would get so offended that you would have to crap on my NEWBIE pictures.
I didn't mean anything directly towards you, it was how I worded my sentence i guess. I value everyone's opinions online, if I like them or not. And when I said "you", it was meant to be taken as anyone in general, not directly pointed to you.Sorry if I upset you, no hatin' from me, I must have worded my post wrong... ;)

Ok. But, every picture taken needs some kind of tweaking. Even JPEGS are processed - its just done in camera. Maybe you mean OVER-processed pictures. If you shoot in RAW you have to process them.

And what exactly do MY pictures have to do with you buying a camera? If you want to critique my pictures then you can do on MY thread thank you very much. And I didn't "take" any "post-editing" pictures. They are pictures taken THEN edited. I didn't realize by giving my opinion on a camera that you would get so offended that you would have to crap on my NEWBIE pictures.
I didn't mean anything directly towards you, it was how I worded my sentence i guess. I value everyone's opinions online, if I like them or not. And when I said "you", it was meant to be taken as anyone in general, not directly pointed to you.Sorry if I upset you, no hatin' from me, I must have worded my post wrong... ;)

Ok. But, every picture taken needs some kind of tweaking. Even JPEGS are processed - its just done in camera. Maybe you mean OVER-processed pictures. If you shoot in RAW you have to process them.

Completely true!

We <3 MTVision

I never, ever use built-in camera effects and don't think I've ever met anyone who does. They are gimmicky and usually poorly rendered. I would advise you forget the special effects and get used to a little post processing - it doesn't make you any less of a photographer.

Most reactions

Back