Anybody shooting with the Sony Alpha 900?

Vautrin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.withoutamapphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So the new sony alpha looks sweet -- less then half the price of the full frame canons and nikons, with similar resolution.

Anyone actually shooting with one? Any complaints / compliments on it?

It seems weird that the alpha 900 and lenses are that much cheaper than comparable Nikon cameras and Nikkor lenses..

Thanks,

Dan

They are the newcomer, and they have the deepest pockets. They can afford to earn less (or no) money in order to gain market share. Sony makes excellent products in every enthusiast/pro environment they compete in. I am not a gear head or fanboy, I'm sure there's plenty of people who will give you arcane (or unfounded) reasons why one brand is superior to another... along with some GIF of Calvin peeing on the other's brand logo. :roll:

I read the Luminous Landscape. Michael Reichmann is THE guy online for high-res digital Medium Format... love him or hate him, the community for high-res shooting gathers there. He shoots with the A900.

Here's an article he wrote about it last year called The Sony A900 - One Year Later

They are the newcomer, and they have the deepest pockets. They can afford to earn less (or no) money in order to gain market share. Sony makes excellent products in every enthusiast/pro environment they compete in. I am not a gear head or fanboy, I'm sure there's plenty of people who will give you arcane (or unfounded) reasons why one brand is superior to another... along with some GIF of Calvin peeing on the other's brand logo. :roll:

I read the Luminous Landscape. Michael Reichmann is THE guy online for high-res digital Medium Format... love him or hate him, the community for high-res shooting gathers there. He shoots with the A900.

Here's an article he wrote about it last year called The Sony A900 - One Year Later

Reichmann didn't write that article, but one of his "contributors" did. But yes... the Luminous Landscape guys are big fans of the Alpha 900.

It seems weird that the alpha 900 and lenses are that much cheaper than comparable Nikon cameras and Nikkor lenses..

Thanks,

Dan

I believe the high-quality Sony "Zeiss" lenses that were designed for the A900 (as far as I know) are actually somewhat more expensive than their AF-S Nikkor counterparts. But I'd have to check...

Have you looked at the Sony A850 $2,000 which is full frame as well and cheaper than the A900?

skieur

Reichmann didn't write that article, but one of his "contributors" did. But yes... the Luminous Landscape guys are big fans of the Alpha 900.
Whoops. I knew that, and stand corrected... Reichmann would NEVER shoot with the same camera for longer than a month... That guy is the biggest gear-hound ever... but at least he is into cool stuff :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back