Anyone else ever get automatically elected for event photographer

For me, people only really expect me to take pictures at family functions.

I just leave my camera bag in the trunk until I decide if I want to use it. If I don't, I just pretend like I forgot to bring it.

Lately though, they don't seem to care anyway. Shooting film helps. :lol: If they know they can't see it right away, they'll just use their phone instead. :lmao:

Never happened to me. My friends either have their own cameras to take pictures with, or else they get annoyed that I'm taking pictures at all.

Learning to say No is hard, especially to friends or family. X2 to leaving the camera at home, or putting it away after you're done. People LOVE to take advantage of a free photographer, you gotta get some practice in saying "No thanks, I'm off the clock!"

Schwettylens,

Referring to your Avatar....Schwetty Jeweler??​

You think you got problems - I once got elected to help gut a burnt out house! I don't even like building work - least taking photos is fun! ;)

(though after my last attempt at doing fireworks I'm reminded how darn annoying it is when one is out of ones depth in a new area)

Usually only happens on family occasions but even then it's pretty easy to avoid: "Can't man, my battery died." Or something along the lines.

How about "I only photograph beautiful people"? Think they would go for that. :lol:

It happens, but you need the backbone to say no when you know that you're not going to be paid. You're there to have fun, you weren't hired to photograph it.. It's at your will. All else fails, don't bring your camera. No camera, no questions.

Ever notice that the same folk who are telling you they hate being in photographs seem to always be in them? By the way, nice shots, Ron.

I'll just say "my photoshopping skills can only do so much for your daughter. I'm a photographer not a magician" next time I get asked.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back