Anyone else hate package tracking?

monkeykoder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It isn't a bad thing but it seems to draw you to the computer FORCING you to check it every 10 min to see if that package from freestyle has gotten to the next stop yet. I think maybe if it wasn't a package from freestyle I would care slightly less (unless it was from adorama or B&H or later one of the many websites dedicated to alternative processes). Anyway it seeems my order is in transit to CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA wherever the hell that is... Should arrive tomorrow sometime (and I hope it isn't when I'm in class that would suck)

YES. I'm waiting on a new SSD drive for my computer and Spore, and I've been refreshing all day long...and I'm not even at home yet!

Edit: I find myself doing the same thing to Off-Topic...

Last edited:
If you use Microsoft Vista, theres a package tracker sidebar plugin that auto refreshes and tracks your package for you. And you can watch it on your desktop everytime it's scanned at the new location in transit :D

If you use Microsoft Vista, theres a package tracker sidebar plugin that auto refreshes and tracks your package for you. And you can watch it on your desktop everytime it's scanned at the new location in transit :D

Vista at home, XP at work. I just set it in a new Opera window with the page auto-refreshing. I can't wait until GPS is cheap enough they can put a small chip in the box so you can map it anywhere (RFID is almost there, and that should help speed things up at least)

Vista at home, XP at work. I just set it in a new Opera window with the page auto-refreshing. I can't wait until GPS is cheap enough they can put a small chip in the box so you can map it anywhere (RFID is almost there, and that should help speed things up at least)

then you can endure the torment of seeing the package go right past your door in on lorry as it heads to a sorting office - then back past you home again as it heads from the sorting office to your local distribution point - then finally watch it creep along the houses - one at a time - in the delivery van :)

I've got a package coming from Freestyle via Fedx ground, it's Orlando today, should be delivered tomorrow, but it never went thru City of Industry

I've got a package coming from Freestyle via Fedx ground, it's Orlando today, should be delivered tomorrow, but it never went thru City of Industry

Something about me living in California (damned tax) all it has to do is head north...

If I were to drive it would probably take about 8hrs... As it is the package should take about 2 days to get here without paying for any kind of rush shipping.

It isn't a bad thing but it seems to draw you to the computer FORCING you to check it every 10 min to see if that package from freestyle has gotten to the next stop yet.
Sounds more like OCD than an inherent problem with package tracking...

Most of them have an option to send an email when the status changes.

Sounds more like OCD than an inherent problem with package tracking...

Most of them have an option to send an email when the status changes.

But e-mail can take SECONDS to get to you!!!!

Package tracking tells me when UPS is full of sh*t. They like to do the "delayed due to inclement weather" thing - which means they lost it or put it on the wrong truck. Usually when this "bad weather" strikes, my new toys are in the next town over and there isn't a cloud for at least a hundred miles.

Inclement weather is obviously a euphemism for "oops"

A few weeks ago I had a package coming to me inthe mail on a friday. It arrived in my city early in the morning, but then they sent it back out of state and then brought it back and delivered it the next monday:er:

So...I hate it when they require a signature...

I ended up having to drive to the UPS warehouse a few zip codes away, waiting until the driver got back in (8:30...they told me 8), and finally getting home with my stuff at 9.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back