I really just need to VENT. Big time...

Sorry about what is going in your life right now...Take some deep breathes and let out a big F IT out and you'll be fine! :D

Nice explanation...sorry to hear about all the bad stuff..when it rains, it POURS!!!! Sounds like you need to try and get a grip. Good move with the son and the laundry machines. I think it might be time to tell him, "look, my grandmother just died...you need to MAN UP, and pull your own weight for a bit, until the funeral is over, and until Dad can get his vision back to something resembling that which is required to safely drive."

When I was in HS, my sophomore year I rode my BIKE to school 2.9 miles, each way. The kid's a wrestler???Well, he sure as he(( outta be able to walk, run, or bike to school for a few days. Call it "cardio".

The wrestling/football locker deal--let it sort itself out. Back-burner that. The coach sounds like a douche--let the school admin deal with that, not you!!! Print a few pics of your grandmother, and tell your mom to back the eff off...kindly, but firmly. You WILL make it through this mess. You are the mother, which carries with it colonel status; start acting like a colonel. If you get ANY lip after a family meeting, well, do what you told them you would do during the meeting: any flak directed at the colonel earns a revocation of the fun stuff....iPod,cell,computer,mp3s on the computer, on-line games, no Nintendo,no Wiil, no X-box--NONE of that chit...two meals a day,chores, errands, and school BOOKS. And bedtime early. No ifs,ands, or buts. This is a mini family crisis--tell those kids to shape the he(( up, and help out the FAMILY.

DEEEEPPPP Breath!

I can empathize with you, and extend condolences in the loss of your grandmother.
I had one of those periods when my grandmother died--starting about 8 hours after she died, when two planes hit the Twin Towers.

I had one of those periods, in spades, after my dad died. The day after he died, I was driving my boys to a church function, in my mom's van, and someone hit it and totalled her vehicle. Shortly after that, I was laid off from my job, without warning, after working for 5 years with great performance reviews and no problems. Two weeks later, I was told to vacate the house we were renting, despite having always been on time with the rent--it was a "parsonage" that the pastor had sublet to me; the church decided to lay him off and take the house back. I ended up moving myself and my two teenage boys in with my mother. Yeah, 40+ years old, with kids, and living with your mommy...not exactly a confidence booster!

Crappy periods happen to all of us. Just take a deep breath, deal with what absolutely MUST be dealt with, and SCREW the rest of it.

Oh. And get more wine. Two bottles ain't gonna do it.

I am praying for you. Seriously.

Sorry for the loss of your grandmother...please pass the wine. My MIL was diagnosed with small cell carcinoma this week, which has spread to her brain. Our week has been filled with work from 8-5, then the hospital from then til the nurses kick us out. Wine sounds gooooood.

Oh **** I'm sorry, didn't read any of the thread at all, posted that vent link solely off the title. My condolences.

So sorry about the loss of the grandmother. HUGS! We are having a streak of bad luck too.....is it in the water????

condolences, and best wishes! It is never easy losing someone like that....

Thank you, everyone, for the thoughts & condolences. It is a blessing at this point. She was 95 and had been healthy as a horse until very recently. She was suffering terribly and we were glad to have her finally let go. I think the death is the easiest thing to handle right now!
I slept in this morning and now I am off to do everything that has to be done today and ignore the rest! It has to get better from here on out!

How about a TPF group hug for Mleek and LightSpeed, they can use all the support they can get? Saying a few prayers for your loss though MLeek, it's never easy to lose a loved one.

I hope you figure out a way to deal w/ all the crazy stress you in your life!!
Here's a little sunshine to brighten your day!!
medium-smiley-133.gif

Thank you SO MUCH, everyone! You guys are the best group of friends I have never met in my life!

(1 grand child, red. 4 great-grand children, pink. 2 great-great-grand children, white)
6796599626_50eeffec6b.jpg

ooooohhhh..I hope you are having a better day.

Dumb ass hubbys are the best.

Dumb ass kids are who we love the most.

Elders are who we say I love you too no matter how impossible they appear to be.

And our Grandparents, who thankfully love us better than anyone else and are our most loved, no matter what happens.

MLeek...I wish to you and to yours, Love.

So sorry for you loss. I wanted to vent too about me moving to the new house with three 2yo. A lot of things went wrong but after reading this... maybe it isnt too bad. I better shuddup now. When your day is ****, someone else has ****tier day. Same applies to you mleek, someone else is having a lot ****tier days than you somewhere :).

Most reactions

Back