I really just need to VENT. Big time...

MLeeK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So feel free to skip over this tirade-which is probably exactly what it will be. I am having a day, week, month from HELL here.
Normally the little stressing things I handle like a champ, however my grandmother passed away early Sunday morning and the funeral is tomorrow. So, naturally my hold on my sanity is a bit shot.
Yesterday my husband got sawdust in his eyes at work and dug the hell out of his eye. We were in the ER from 9 till midnight or so last night. He's rather pathetic when he's sick to begin with, but the poor guy now only has one eye that is working and he is REALLY pathetic. I generally don't mind taking care of him. He's a pretty good trooper... However that makes me chief cook, bottle washer, taxi and go to guy around here. He can't drive right now. Yeah, that SUCKS. My daughter doesn't have her license and can't get it till March 30. So I have to drive her to work at 6 every nite. And pick her up at 8. Yep, 2 hours. And it's a good 7 miles down there, so 7 miles down, 7 miles back to turn around and do it again in 2 hours. REALLY not worth the $20 a night she's making, but she LOVES it and once she can drive herself it will be fine. Normally we split that driving so it's not so bad.
Wrestling practice started again tonight so I have to come home from dropping the daughter off, pick up the son and take him to the school. 3 miles to the school. And yes, I could take him with me to drop her off but our house is in between where she works and their school, so it is just as easy to pick him up between. And they're not fighting then.
Drop off son-run home and TRY to make dinner before I have to leave to get daughter at 8. Pick daughter up. Pick son up on the way back thru, stop at store and pick up the potatoes I forgot for dinner while I was out.
NATURALLY my mother is demanding that I print photos of my grandmother and bring them to her RIGHT NOW. She lives 9 miles in the OTHER direction and can't possibly wait until tomorrow morning. The viewing isn't till 3. She will live.
My father has made a mess of everything and then some at our dealership and I have until March 9th to un-mess it. Honestly? I doubt I can un-mess it. He screwed up this time and if we make it out without losing our license I'll be shocked. He doesn't have COPIES of the necessary licenses and insurance cards on deals. He thinks we are still in the 70's and can do business on a handshake. Kicker? We did nothing wrong. We sold a car to someone the state police have had on their radar for YEARS and he finally got nabbed. So they are investigating EVERYONE he has come into contact with. The troopers came and investigated us last week and now the DMV inspector has been sent our way because we proved that we did nothing wrong to the trooper-he didn't like it.
This morning THE SON decides he didn't make sure he had jeans clean yesterday before we left for the ER so he's SCREAMING at my husband (who normally does all of our laundry) because he had no clean jeans and refused to go to school. As I am trying to put drops in and bandage my husband's eye so he could go to work. I've never hit said son, but it was DAMN close this morning. Said son spent all day doing all of the laundry I could find for him to wash. No TV, No games, no computer, no phone, no ipod. Just a washer and a dryer to spend some quality time with.

I mentioned that wrestling practice started again tonight... So THE SON gets to the school and the (insert foul descriptors-many of them) football coach had gone into the wrestling room earlier today and kicked the wrestlers out and had all of their gear removed from their lockers in the WRESTLING locker room. No one knows where it has gone. Tells them that they will NOT be practicing in the WRESTLING ROOM anymore because it's now a football room. Football has it's own locker room and doesn't start till July. So... now I am trying to figure out where my son's loafers that he needs for tomorrow are-not to mention all of the wrestling gear, etc. And if wrestling weren't starting again shouldn't someone warn the wrestlers and give them a day to get their crap out of the locker room?
The coach has been harassing the wrestlers all year this year and it's been getting worse. He's careful not to do it when there are any adults around. Only other students. Thing is that MULTIPLE students are coming up with the same stories, so I know it's not just one or two who hate the coach. I've never had the pleasure of dealing with this coach because he's the HS JV coach. I am on the sidelines with him and while I don't care for him as a coach for what I've seen done, I really don't have a problem with him. Or didn't.
My son was midget up to now. He'll be playing JV this year. Which I have been rather concerned about as this coach is EXTREMELY vocal and nasty about the wrestlers. He also coaches basketball in the winter and track in the spring. I am sure most of you know the rivalry that used to be between the basketball teams and wrestling teams. Well, for the KIDS at our school it hasn't been like that. The wrestlers support the bball players and vice-a-versa. However, this coach is MAKING it an issue. He's not a school employee other than coaching and at that it's not like he's a professional coach. He's a dad that has a little ability to coach like most small schools are. He told the football players last year that if they went to wrestling camp he'd cut them from the team. He wasn't allowed to CUT them but he did force them to sit the bench-to the detriment of his team. I shoot football and got to see much of that first hand last year which is what has lead me to be worried about my son playing football. THE SON has been a star player for football for the past 3 or 4 years. I don't expect him to be a star or even key player going up to JV, however I have a feeling he's going to be a star bench warmer. Now, mind you we only have enough kids for MAYBE 3 to warm the bench at any one given time, so based on his skill? He should play.
Of course, this coach didn't know that wrestling starts again at the same time spring sports start, so you know that he's not going to be happy after the wrestling coaches and parents descend upon the athletic director tomorrow. Did it happen to sound like I am a little p1ssed? Yeah. just a little.

There are so many other little things going on around me that I'd be here for hours and hours. I have another son that I can't possibly talk about because it will be in all caps, bold, underlined and smoke will roll out of my ears. I might spend another night in the ER because I might just explode.

AND the icing on the cake? We made the arrangements for the funeral and flowers and everything yesterday. The Obit ran today. It is horribly misspelled with grammar that makes this run-on tirade look like a perfectly executed report. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. It's HORRIFIC.

Do I feel better? not really. I didn't get to spit all of that out while ranting and raving and gesturing like a mad woman.
pissed_off_wet_cat.jpg

Marriage sucks. Kids suck. School sucks. Parents defintiely suck.

You need a vacation.

(My condolences on the loss of your G'ma. Hope the hubby mends soon...the kids...well, you know what they need.)

AND!!! I have flucking TENNIS ELBOW from my camera!

AND!!! I have flucking TENNIS ELBOW from my camera!

You need to ditch the rest of the gang and get a good assistant with big musk-kels....and some bed rest. On a Caribbean Vacation.

:mrgreen:

Yup, you pass, you're a mom.

Sorry for your loss. I hope next week is much brighter for you.

I did go buy myself two bottles of a new wine I just discovered. And I am NOT sharing.

Thoughts are with you MLeek

Condolences on the passing of your grandmother and hoping everything else works out ;)

eek.gif

Wow hate to hear all this. Hang in there, as we know when things are all the way down they can only go up.

You think that's bad?
Try getting a non-family job and going to work for a company who pretends like they are doing you a favor when you're making them money,
all the while controlling every facet of your life, as you cater to fulfill their demands.
And do that for ............ohhhh............12 years.
Add to it, no one really wants to work but they expect you to " want" to work.
Add to it the lazy deadbeats who always try to put their work off on you.
Add to it, if you say anything about it, you're the bad guy.
12 years with one company controlling every aspect of your life, telling you what to do, ordering you what to do and when to do it..............and one raise......
that's right.......1 raise in 12 years so you can make a company 3-4 5 or 10 times what they pay you.
Only to watch your friends, the Federal Government, come in and take their cut, so they can give away to people who can work but refuse to work, so they can get votes and buy an election with promises they cant keep.
So they can create laws that further complicate your life, while you pay for it.
Then you sit back and realize that there is one set of laws for them.............and an entirely different set of laws for you as you watch them rob you blind, devalue the currency,
spend into massive debt that can never be repaid, start wars that kill millions, crash the economy with programs like freddie Mac and fannie Mae, shove government run health care down your throats so they can steal more money.

All of this while you maintain your rights to Life ( you have none) Liberty ( all but gone along with freedoms).

And the pursuit of happiness???

You think that's bad?
Try getting a non-family job and going to work for a company who pretends like they are doing you a favor when you're making them money,
all the while controlling every facet of your life, as you cater to fulfill their demands.
And do that for ............ohhhh............12 years.
Add to it, no one really wants to work but they expect you to " want" to work.
Add to it the lazy deadbeats who always try to put their work off on you.
Add to it, if you say anything about it, you're the bad guy.
12 years with one company controlling every aspect of your life, telling you what to do, ordering you what to do and when to do it..............and one raise......
that's right.......1 raise in 12 years so you can make a company 3-4 5 or 10 times what they pay you.
Only to watch your friends, the Federal Government, come in and take their cut, so they can give away to people who can work but refuse to work, so they can get votes and buy an election with promises they cant keep.
So they can create laws that further complicate your life, while you pay for it.
Then you sit back and realize that there is one set of laws for them.............and an entirely different set of laws for you as you watch them rob you blind, devalue the currency,
spend into massive debt that can never be repaid, start wars that kill millions, crash the economy with programs like freddie Mac and fannie Mae, shove government run health care down your throats so they can steal more money.

All of this while you maintain your rights to Life ( you have none) Liberty ( all but gone along with freedoms).

And the pursuit of happiness???
Lightspeed, I might share my wine with you.
I did that before. Corporate America. Stayed with a company I could transfer with all over the world working a J.O.B. for the corproate iditiots who had no clue what REALLY went down on the front lines. 40 hours a week? That was a DREAM! You had to put in AT LEAST 40... or more like 80. Yeah, I got smart long ago.

Although running the office of our dealership is much the same. Making my father do the correct paperwork REQUIRED by the state? Well, like I said. We won't get out of this one unscathed. Over worked, under paid and expected to perform miracles to cover someone else's ass. Maybe I should go back to corporate America!

So sorry for your loss. I really hope everything gets better soon. You definitely have a lot to deal with right now. The wine should help - a little. ;)

I am sorry for the loss of your G-Ma. I was right next to mine when she passed away from emphysema.

I have different thoughts on children in my life right now. Here, I recorded this just for you:

Last edited by a moderator:
CRAP! I have no speakers on this computer right now. THE KIDS took them!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back