Anyone feel up to deblurring my photos??

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a whole whack of photos from Canada Day fireworks but I couldn't bring along a tripod (no where to set up). If you know how give me a message with email so I can send you all of them. (Don't worry I'm non-stalkish.)

post an example of one- I suspect as it would have been dark and you were using a long shutter speed they will not be savable

In sharpening you wont be able to remove the funny light from the firework, it will also increase the noise, which could then be removed, but texture that should be in the picture will also be lost, the tree line is fuzzy, unfortunately I dont think its correctable-certainly not by my skills, really great firework pictures would have streams of light as apose to dots or flashes (not always true though) -with lots of colour i know you didnt ask for coments on the picture but I am comenting anyway :) to achive great pictures,like you already comented on, you should have used a tripod, self timer/remote or if not a tripod the camera should have been placed completely steady on something else.

I am not an editing expert though so I may be wrong

To be perfectly honest, judging from the shot you posted there is not a lot that can be done. Photoshop is great but it's not magic.

So sorry man. There really isn't anything to be done. Fireworks are difficult. I shot 500+ frames in RAW last week. I threw away 500+ frames. Just not easy to do. And there is no way to take the shake away. There is also a significant amount of noise. Enough to make me wonder if this is highspeed film or just high ev comp digital?

Ya it's a tad grainier because of the way Walmart scans them. (Atleast I'm pretty sure this is what they do) They project light through the film and scan it, it looks good on the lower film speeds. That's the only way I can explain it being 21 inchs by 14 inchs in photoshop. But whenever I scale it down onto a 4x6 it's roughly 4 times the resolution of my scanner.

ok, here's my first attempt (and the original) i didn't spend much time on the clouds, but oh well.

uglulyxtakesphotostooorgsm.jpg

uglulyxtakesphotostoocrp.jpg

clone tool (to erase the shake trails) and sharppen the edges of the treeline and the clouds. smudge tool to create the streaks from the remaining points of light in the fireworks, a bit of curves to darken the sky, a slight crop, and..... some paitience. nothing fancy, but it works (if you REALLY need to save a photo, then you can paint one, it just takes some time).

That first one reminds me of geometry wars. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back