What's new

anyone good with skulls? Identifying?

Ernicus

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
2,689
Reaction score
337
Location
Old Town, ME
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found this skull piece when out wandering around the river today. Anyone know what it is?

I made a set of different angles on my flickr, but I dunno how to link the set. (nevermind, I figured it out)


Set link.

Skull - a set on Flickr

7372718830_c317f744e5_z.jpg
 
its a dinosaur.... jk i have no idea but thats pretty cool. better hope its nothing human.
 
What makes you think that it's a skull anyway? If I had to guess, it's the pelvic girdle of a beaver.
 
Agreed. Looks more like a pelvis with sacrum fused to it. The concavity to upper right looks like the acetabulum of the hip joint. Got any more pictures of it?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #5
There is a link to about 6 pics of the set in my first post. I just assumed those were eye sockets.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #6
Looks like you're right. lol.

main_520px_roedeerhips.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #7
actually, it looks more like deer hips...

deerhips-george.jpg
 
Don't think that's a skull at all
 
as stated in post #7 lol
 
Agreed. Looks more like a pelvis with sacrum fused to it. The concavity to upper right looks like the acetabulum of the hip joint. Got any more pictures of it?

Nice call, Desi! :)
 
lol, yeah I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to bones, when I picked it up I was like "cool...a skull" *facepalm*

figured one of our fine members would know.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom