Anyone have older SLR camera knowledge willing to help me?

pertuccia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thank you in advance for looking at this thread! Anyways, my grandfather recently passed and left behind some i believe SLR cameras with lenses. He would take pictures all the time, but considering i'm 24 yrs old im not very familiar with analog technology. I would like to pick up a new DSLR and pick up where he left off eg(family photos, ect.) Does anyone know what the trade in value of these cameras and lenses might be worth. Im sure they're all clean and functional, the man had OCD and was using them up until recently. Any info would be helpful. Thank you! Here are some photos of what I have.

SNV31686.jpg picture by pertuccia - Photobucket

SNV31685.jpg picture by pertuccia - Photobucket

SNV31668.jpg picture by pertuccia - Photobucket

SNV31662.jpg picture by pertuccia - Photobucket

SNV31659.jpg picture by pertuccia - Photobucket

SNV31658.jpg picture by pertuccia - Photobucket

http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd409/pertuccia/th_SNV31651.jpg?t=1287951514

SNV31651.jpg picture by pertuccia - Photobucket

SNV31650.jpg picture by pertuccia - Photobucket

SNV31645.jpg picture by pertuccia - Photobucket

SNV31644.jpg picture by pertuccia - Photobucket

SNV31642.jpg picture by pertuccia - Photobucket

these links won't open for me, check KEH.com , they have a lot of film cameras for sale, which should give you an idea

I would caution you not to get your hopes up too high. The market is flooded now with old film gear and not a lot of call for it. There was more out there than a lot of people thought. Unless there is some very rare gem in the bunch 35mm stuff is going pretty cheap. If you plan on trading it in or selling it to a camera shop you will only get about 50%, if you are lucky, of what it goes for on the open market.

None of that stuff is worth much...it's old, orphaned Minolta manual focus mount "stuff", and low-end at that...the mount is discontinued...not much value in any of it...

thanks for the replys i appreciate it. I'll probably just sell them as a lot on ebay and get what i get. Im looking for a beginner DSLR, so far i'm looking at the Nikon D5000, or the Canon T1i.. Any other suggestions in this price range??

Do any of you all know if these lenses would work with an XE-7?

If so I'd be interested in them.

Do any of you all know if these lenses would work with an XE-7?

If so I'd be interested in them.

Yes they will, they will fit all Minolta cameras with MC/MD mounts as well as M4/3 cameras with an adapter. Minolta glass is very good, not low end @ all.

I have 7 Minolta lenses I use on my Panasonic G1. You might consider a M4/3 camera & you can use them yourself.

Most reactions

Back