Anyone here buying a D800?

I currently shoot a D200, I love it and has been a great camera, I have pre~ordered my new camera body the D800, I am very excited! I considered the D700 and the D3S, decided to split the difference and try this model. It should be delivered mid March.

I currently shoot a D200, I love it and has been a great camera, I have pre~ordered my new camera body the D800, I am very excited! I considered the D700 and the D3S, decided to split the difference and try this model. It should be delivered mid March.

congrats!

I'm getting a D800.
Rationale:
- The D700 is formally discontinued
- The D800 is rumoured to meet it in high-ISO performance (note this does not say exceeds).
- Video is a gimmick but I think it could be a fun gimmick to have. It may be just like my smartphone which I thought I never needed and now can't live without.
- I have 3 DX lenses so it would be nice to use them at 15mpxl rather than at 5.
- The cost difference is minimal.
- There's a certain regret spend about paying $2800 for something that has already been discontinued and is essentially an old design. Not that there's technical reasoning behind this.

I'm getting a D800.
Rationale:
- The D800 is rumoured to meet it in high-ISO performance (note this does not say exceeds).
- Video is a gimmick but I think it could be a fun gimmick to have. It may be just like my smartphone which I thought I never needed and now can't live without.
- I have 3 DX lenses so it would be nice to use them at 15mpxl rather than at 5.
- There's a certain regret spend about paying $2800 for something that has already been discontinued and is essentially an old design. Not that there's technical reasoning behind this.

Sadly your wrong on this one Garbz, the D700 is not being discontinued.

I'm getting a D800.
Rationale:

Sadly your wrong on this one Garbz, the D700 is not being discontinued.

+1..... lot of factual info on the Internetz these days

Nikon_Josh, I suggest you email Nikon Japan and ask them to remove the D700 from their discontinued products page then 旧製品(カメラ) | ニコンイメージング Although it's likely to only be discontinued in Japan at this point due to the problem with the batteries and Japanese safety regulations, but it's a sign of things to come. I've been told by an Australian rep at a D800 product demonstration to expect the D700 to be discontinued before the D800 hits the shelves (which admittedly hasn't happened yet).

/EDIT: Good to see the photo forum supports Unicode ... not.

Nikon_Josh, I suggest you email Nikon Japan and ask them to remove the D700 from their discontinued products page then 旧製品(カメラ) | ニコンイメージング Although it's likely to only be discontinued in Japan at this point due to the problem with the batteries and Japanese safety regulations, but it's a sign of things to come. I've been told by an Australian rep at a D800 product demonstration to expect the D700 to be discontinued before the D800 hits the shelves (which admittedly hasn't happened yet).

Is was removed from their product line in Japan because the battery is no longer legal to sell in Japan. NIkon is still selling the D700 in the US, at least for the foreseeable future, it's actually dropping in price soon.

-B

Is was removed from their product line in Japan because the battery is no longer legal to sell in Japan. NIkon is still selling the D700 in the US, at least for the foreseeable future, it's actually dropping in price soon.

-B

$500 cheaper.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back