Anyone know what species of wild cat this is?

Isnt there some sort of bread called Munchcin cat or something? Has really short legs

Looks like just a slightly odd housecat to me.

I looked through some pages Raj, and if it was indeed wild, the closest I can come up with is either a Fishing Cat or Rusty-Spotted cat. Both are in India, but the Rust Spotted is more common and widespread.
I also think it was a Rusty spotted one, either that or a mix of it with a house cat. I found this pic to be very similar. Thanks Jason :)

Looks like just a slightly odd housecat to me.
IDK maybe, but there was something about how it moved and looked around carefully I felt it was wild. Also it was pretty far away from the city, however cats do weird stuff all the time!
Isnt there some sort of bread called Munchcin cat or something? Has really short legs
Damn those are cute! :D But nope, that's not the one; they look too "nice" :p
Nice shot, Raj...
No idea but nice kitty picture.
Beautiful cat.. and great photo.
Cool shot! Sorry, can't help with ID.

Thank you so much guys :)

I know exactly what it is ............... a darn cute one !! ;)

Totally unusual and never seen anything like it. Its like its way out of scale and yep, we would love one. Amazing details in its coat and those eyes are just downright beautiful Raj. Hey, I'm a cat lover :) Great shot Raj and very sharp. Nice work.

All the best Raj and unique in my view.

Danny.

This is a PCDK.

I used to work at a kids' science center with this really brilliant (and VERY odd) dude, Charles, who ran the planetarium. He was an export on Astronomy, but also had a degree in Geology and knew pretty much everything there is to know about the subject.

We had this storage house and two whole rooms were filled with a rock collection. My youngest son LOVED rocks, so one day I let him go with Charles up to see the rock collection. He was SO excited. Later that day, he had to tell me all about what he'd seen.
One rock he kept calling a PRDK--I asked him what that was and he insisted it was just the name of the rock.

The next day, I asked Charles about, thinking my son just had the information he'd given him a little mixed up. Charles said, "Oh yeah, the PRDK." That's "Pretty Rock, Don't Know." :lmao:

So, THIS, is a Pretty Cat, Don't Know. :D

I don't think it's a Rusty-Spotted; the markings just don't quite match up. I also saw that there is an Asian Leopard Cat; originally a wild cat that is often raised as an exotic pet, and one of the smallest wild cats. But those markings don't quite match up either.
I'm inclined to agree that it's some sort of mix, but there ARE some pretty small wild cats, so it could be a mix of two wild cats, rather than a wild and a domesticated.

Beautiful cat and photo. By the shape of its overall head, its not a house cat, but its possible its mixed with one I guess. Could it be what they call a Civet Cat? Never seen one, so just a guess on my part.

Oops, I didn't realize my signature link was broken, thanks for letting me know Raj!

I'm going to go with a hybrid as well - house cat and Asian Wild Cat (Asian Steppe Cat / Indian Dessert Cat). It is a pretty animal and a very, very nice shot.

Oops, I didn't realize my signature link was broken, thanks for letting me know Raj!

You're most welcome Judi :)

I know exactly what it is ............... a darn cute one !! ;-)

Totally unusual and never seen anything like it. Its like its way out of scale and yep, we would love one. Amazing details in its coat and those eyes are just downright beautiful Raj. Hey, I'm a cat lover :) Great shot Raj and very sharp. Nice work.

All the best Raj and unique in my view.

Danny.

Lol.. Thanks Danny, who knows we might have found a new species. We can name it "a darn cute one" in that case ;)

Beautiful cat and photo. By the shape of its overall head, its not a house cat, but its possible its mixed with one I guess. Could it be what they call a Civet Cat? Never seen one, so just a guess on my part.
Thanks Carolyn, could be any or all of the above.. I have given up hope :p

I'm going to go with a hybrid as well - house cat and Asian Wild Cat (Asian Steppe Cat / Indian Dessert Cat). It is a pretty animal and a very, very nice shot.

Thank you so much Charlie, and looks like hybrid is what most people seem to think it is. :)

This is a PCDK.

I used to work at a kids' science center with this really brilliant (and VERY odd) dude, Charles, who ran the planetarium. He was an export on Astronomy, but also had a degree in Geology and knew pretty much everything there is to know about the subject.

We had this storage house and two whole rooms were filled with a rock collection. My youngest son LOVED rocks, so one day I let him go with Charles up to see the rock collection. He was SO excited. Later that day, he had to tell me all about what he'd seen.
One rock he kept calling a PRDK--I asked him what that was and he insisted it was just the name of the rock.

The next day, I asked Charles about, thinking my son just had the information he'd given him a little mixed up. Charles said, "Oh yeah, the PRDK." That's "Pretty Rock, Don't Know." :lmao:

So, THIS, is a Pretty Cat, Don't Know. :D

I don't think it's a Rusty-Spotted; the markings just don't quite match up. I also saw that there is an Asian Leopard Cat; originally a wild cat that is often raised as an exotic pet, and one of the smallest wild cats. But those markings don't quite match up either.
I'm inclined to agree that it's some sort of mix, but there ARE some pretty small wild cats, so it could be a mix of two wild cats, rather than a wild and a domesticated.

Yeah doesn't look like a Rusty spotted to me as well, who cares anyway :p
Also a real fun story Sharon :lol:, thanks for sharing. I had no idea people collect rocks as hobbies, humans are strange! :confused:

Wish I could help, but whatever it is it's cute and nice shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back