Anyone know what species of wild cat this is?

Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this gal today morning in the woods, again chasing after a few birds. Met this very strange looking cat with freakishly short legs, but it definitely looked like an adult wild cat and not a domesticated one. I sneaked up on her and got this perfect pose right before she ran off. Anyone knows what species this is?

14069907828_2ee26334c1_b.jpg

One who doesn't like having her picture taken?

No idea; could it be a wild/domesticate cross-breed?
Nah! I think she secretly wanted me to take her picture, otherwise why would she pose for the camera? :lol:
It sure can be a mixed breed. I didn't consider that possibility.

It's beautiful whatever it is! Seeing its face my first thought was Savannah/Bengal but the body tells me tabby from this angle so perhaps a cross?

I have clue what it is, but I want one!!!

It's a super nice photo, great job!

Nope! It was way too small in size for a Lynx, and even then Lynx aren't found anywhere close to where I live.

It's beautiful whatever it is! Seeing its face my first thought was Savannah/Bengal but the body tells me tabby from this angle so perhaps a cross?

Thanks Judi, it seems so. BTW the links in your signature is broken if you didn't notice :)

I have clue what it is, but I want one!!!

It's a super nice photo, great job!

I'll send one right away ;) Thanks a lot Gallagher. :)

I looked through some pages Raj, and if it was indeed wild, the closest I can come up with is either a Fishing Cat or Rusty-Spotted cat. Both are in India, but the Rust Spotted is more common and widespread.

Beautiful cat.. and great photo.

Kodkod?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back