Anyone know what these parts are?

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When my uncle gave me my camera, there were a few extra parts that we can't work out the use for. He isn't sure what they are either. I've worked out they all fit to the lense...

The first is about 4cm in length and round. I think it may be to stop the sun from going in... maybe glare?

The second is sort of the same... but more like 1cm long. I have no idea on this one...

Then there is a round piece of plastic that I can't really see through - and when I held it over the lense - I couldn't see anything - I also can't work out how to attach it. Any idea on what these are?

Also, I have a Pentax P30 and was told to get a polarizing filter for it... But I am not sure what size I need - I can't see anything on the lenses saying what size they are...

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!
- Alecia

those things you described could be lens hoods. they are suposed to help with glare.

as for the polerizer you need to get what ever size your lens takes. it should probubly say on it somewhere. if it doesnt say just take it to a camera store and ask them.

I have a P30t. What type of lens are you using? Is it the SMC Pentax -A 50mm lens? If so, it should take a 49mm filter.

fadingaway1986 said:
The first is about 4cm in length and round. I think it may be to stop the sun from going in... maybe glare?
Yeah, that sounds like a lens hood.

The second is sort of the same... but more like 1cm long. I have no idea on this one...
If you screw it onto the lens, does the inside diameter on the end have threads? If so, it's probably an adapter so you can put filters and hoods made for one size lens onto another.

Then there is a round piece of plastic that I can't really see through - and when I held it over the lense - I couldn't see anything - I also can't work out how to attach it.
Sounds like it might be a lens cap for a different lens. If it looks like it's glass but you just can't see through it, then it's probably an infrared filter.

If you can post pictures we can give you a more accurate idea.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back