Anyone one know what this is?


No longer a newbie, moving up!
Jun 29, 2010
Reaction score
Orem, UT
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
I do believe that is an old threshing machine, for threshing wheat and or oats, and separating the grain from the stalks and chaff.
Not quite.... it's actually a hay-press; the forerunner of the modern square baler. Hay was pitched in to a hopper at the far end, (just to the left of those levers and gears) and the engine drove a pair of forks which pressed the hay against a board. Once the bale was built, another board was inserted at the end, and it was pushed out the chute at the very end, just like a modern baler. They're scarey as hell to operate... you can lose a finger or arm in about >< that long long if you're not careful.

Most reactions