Anyone order from Adorama?

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to order a lens from Adorama, and I was just curious if anyone here has ordered from them? And if so, how has it been? My dad is really anti-online shopping, so I want to prove to him that Adorama is good (they are the only store with the lens I want in stock).

So, please, post your reviews of Adorama. Thanks.

I've bought small items online from Adorama within the past year, and had no problems. The items were shipped quickly and were well packaged for shipping. It was small stuff though, nothing like a lens.

I've bought small items online from Adorama within the past year, and had no problems. The items were shipped quickly and were well packaged for shipping. It was small stuff though, nothing like a lens.

Would you feel comfortable buying a lens from them?

I'd buy lenses local, but for the lenses I tend to gravitate towards, Best Buy or Circuit City wouldn't stock them, and the local photo store wouldn't stock them, and they take forever to get items in. I mean, I bought my body locally, but that's because they actually had a better price than online retailers. How shocking is that? I've bought all of my lenses online, from Amazon and B&H. So, Antartican, in summation: would you be scared of buying anything of great value on Adorama?

Ive ordered 3 lenses from Adorama, as well as speedlites and bigger items like stands and umbrellas. Never had a problem. The service is great, shipping is fast, and the packaging is well done. They are above the level and in the same class as B&H photo IMO.

I'm looking to order a lens from Adorama, and I was just curious if anyone here has ordered from them? And if so, how has it been? My dad is really anti-online shopping, so I want to prove to him that Adorama is good (they are the only store with the lens I want in stock).

So, please, post your reviews of Adorama. Thanks.

I used to purchase a lot from them but I now stick with B&H. No particular reason. I've found them both to be ethical.

Thanks guys. I'm just trying to get some people to vouch for Adorama so my dad will let me order the lens. Which I think is funny, since he wants the lens too. (Nikon AF-S 60mm f/2.8 macro, in case anyone was wondering.) Nowhere else has it in stock.

Go ahead and order it.. There wont be any problems i wouldn't think. I have used them multiple times for lenses, flash etc

Would you feel comfortable buying a lens from them?

I'd buy lenses local, but for the lenses I tend to gravitate towards, Best Buy or Circuit City wouldn't stock them, and the local photo store wouldn't stock them, and they take forever to get items in. I mean, I bought my body locally, but that's because they actually had a better price than online retailers. How shocking is that? I've bought all of my lenses online, from Amazon and B&H. So, Antartican, in summation: would you be scared of buying anything of great value on Adorama?
Maine has local photo stores? :lmao:

Bought my Canon 28-70 2.8 L from Adorama and have used their online printing service, plus a few other small items. Never had a problem. I also for for no particular reason mostly buy from B&H. But, I have read a few reviews mostly older ones that some of their sale folks are a little pushy on the phone

I would feel comfortable ordering a lens from them. And as others above have actually done so, I guess you've got your answer re whether they can be trusted

I order all of my photographic equipment and even film from them. This forum would not feature their link prominently if they were not reliable.

I have ordered so much stuff from them, lenses, light modifiers, filters, you name it. If I had more money I would buy from them again. Same goes for B&H. Good luck.

I haven't used adorama yet but I'm sure I will at some point. I have never heard anything bad of them. I mainly use B&H ,J&R and I ijust bought a Canon 40D and and a Canon printer from Amazon.com and I was very impressed with them.

Yeah, I ordered the lens from Adorama. So, I'll let you know how it goes.

I love Amazon, 'cause you can return stuff pretty easily within thirty days. And B&H was awesome when I ordered $2500 in lenses from them. The packaging was top-notch. And they were really good on a return too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back