anyone try Contax CY lenses on a Sony mirrorless?

I've wanted to on my Fuji. I've definitely used them on my Contax :)

They are very good, especially the newer models. I forgot all the how all the acronyms work, but the more expensive versions are newer with excellent color and contrast rendering. Substantially different from Leica, but equally as good.

I have a C/Y adapter for my NEX-6, but sadly nobody has offered me free lens.

I've read mixed reviews about the adapters typically found on ebay. Contax (Carl Zeiss) use to make the best lenses back in the day, and I always preferred their color warmness over Leica lenses.

I really like my Fotasy adapters. Really well built yet inexpensive.

But I know. Buying stuff from China can be hit or miss and there doesn't seem to be any pattern. Avoid the cheapest of cheap stuff, and you're usually better off.

I Have a Fotodiox adapter on my Sony A7 II and it works very fine. I Have also a Fotasy for my Canon Lenses and it works fine too.

I'm very happy to use my old Contax Lenses (Distagon 25mm f2.8, Distagon 28 mm f2.8, Vario-Sonnar T 28-85 f3.4-4 and Yashica 135mm f2.8.

Some samples.

A7 II + Distagon 28mm f2.8

vieux%20port%204_zpsogp8g39k.jpg

A7 II + Yashica 135mm f2.8

mitan%2031_zpsafqrhwne.jpg

Sadly, I did not take advantage of getting Contax lenses at cost - dealer discount back in the old'n days.

I preserved the lenses I used on my Contax Aria and when I moved from Nikon to Sony I only bought the adapter for 50 $.

I use (only) manual focus lenses with my a7 and a7r. Now I prepare 4k resolution images and I am really satisfied.
I have 35 lenses, and I use all of them. Contax-Zeiss are among my favourites (with Leica-R, Meyer Gorlitz but also other ones): I know and I use 18 distagon, 50 1.4, 60 makro-planar (what a game with leitz 60 macro), 85 1.4 (here I prefer the Leitz 80 summilux), 180 Sonnar, 300 tessar. ever a pleasure, great lenses.
I used also the new 55 sonnar f/1.8 for sony, but I prefer the 50 planar Contax....
All the best,
sandro

I have only one autofocus lense for my A7ii (Bâtis 18mm) and 13 MF, mainly Zeiss (2 Loxia, 3 Distagon, Sonnar and the rest, Canon, Hexanon, Yashica and Minolta). And I love it :icon_thumright:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back