Anyone use GIMP?

I've ready some good things about Affinty Photo. I know it's OS X only, but I think I'd still like to try it.
Affinity Photo rocks. It is in virtually every way photoshops equal and for processing speed of large files it blows photoshop away. Don't know how they do it but the folks from Adobe ought to be paying them a visit to find out how.

I read that it was built for the current version of OS X where as Adobe has just been update from previous versions and not optimized.

I've ready some good things about Affinty Photo. I know it's OS X only, but I think I'd still like to try it.
Affinity Photo rocks. It is in virtually every way photoshops equal and for processing speed of large files it blows photoshop away. Don't know how they do it but the folks from Adobe ought to be paying them a visit to find out how.

I read that it was built for the current version of OS X where as Adobe has just been update from previous versions and not optimized.
Cool.

whether or not its worth the trouble? Or anyone who may have some tips as to make it easier to use? Thanks!

It's worth it. I use less than i used to, and only really for dodge and burn sometimes (layers). I usually convert my raw files with Silkypix or Raw Therapee, and prep the output with Faststone Image Viewer (cropping, cloning, resizing, curve, levels, sharpening).

GIMP with G'MIC is incredible, especially with film emulations and the sharpening algos (like 'Sharpen' Gradient) - I can't wait till finally 16-bpp GIMP is properly usable - I don't think its quite there yet last time I checked.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back