The first one, in my opinion, doesn't make for a very interesting photo. There doesn't really seem to be a focal point...my eyes are all over the place.
The composition doesn't hold my attention, and, as was already said, there seems to be a bit of camera shake or something.
I think the first shot needs a new angle (I'd try getting down lower), and a faster shutter speed or a tripod.
The second one is a little more interesting to my eye, I think because the creek is running diagonally up through the photo, and leads your eye. However, again, like before, I'd try getting down lower. While it is better than the first, it still doesn't really capture your attention.
When taking the photo, think about what you want the viewer to focus on when they look at the picture. If you haven't already, read up on the
Rule of Thirds...that will help aid in learning composition.
Not a bad start....keep working at it, and you'll get there.
