appreciate feedback on photo

Kathleen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd love to hear and learn from feedback on this photo. I'm new, so please don't be too harsh. :blushing:

It's not sharp. looks to be camera shake.

Thank you. I was thinking that it might be a fault with this photo. I have a problem holding my camera steady and would like to have taken my tripod with me but it was extremely difficult getting through the bush. I took several, this one being another. What are thoughts on it?

I think those aren't so bad. What would have made it better is if you got down on those rocks in the middle maybe? Just my $.02 =]

The first one, in my opinion, doesn't make for a very interesting photo. There doesn't really seem to be a focal point...my eyes are all over the place.

The composition doesn't hold my attention, and, as was already said, there seems to be a bit of camera shake or something.

I think the first shot needs a new angle (I'd try getting down lower), and a faster shutter speed or a tripod.

The second one is a little more interesting to my eye, I think because the creek is running diagonally up through the photo, and leads your eye. However, again, like before, I'd try getting down lower. While it is better than the first, it still doesn't really capture your attention.

When taking the photo, think about what you want the viewer to focus on when they look at the picture. If you haven't already, read up on the Rule of Thirds...that will help aid in learning composition.

Not a bad start....keep working at it, and you'll get there. :)

Thank you so much for all of your advice! I think I'm going to go out and give the river another try.

Most reactions

Back