Arbour II

Thanks a lot folks, I appreciate it :mrgreen:

LaFoto. Weeeeeelllllll ... I'm not that happy with how the sky turned out after processing. There's an annoying burnt out highlight above the horizon near the middle and I dodged the highlights out in the tree but have left it with a bit of a halo and a bit uneven. Also I don't think I did the lay of the land justice. It's a lovely area, a gentle rolling valley with a village beyond in the woods and fields. It's a beautiful view and I've tried to shoot it several times but I've never been really happy with any of the pics I've taken of it (this is probably the one I'm most happy with tho). I think I could improve it with a re-process (and almost certainly a reshoot). Why did I include it? Well, this is going to sound really silly but ... I don't really like to show pics in twos or fours if I can help it (although 'Arbour I' was only 2 shots, I really tried to make it 3 but couldn't). I think pics look better in sets of 1, 3, 5 or more! Plus I'm happyin-ish with it, but not that happy with it ;)

TheFinisher3, I'm always on the lookout at the w/e for interesting clouds and try to get out shooting quicky if the clouds are starting to look funky. The wife thinks I'm an idiot tho :mrgreen:

These are fantastic!!! Composition, light, mood....OMG

I love the whole series, the composition on the last 2 is just amazing. How did you get that effect?

great series mo, these are all awesome shots. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot JTH & Moley :) Mole, the first two are 3 exposures, 2 stops apart and then merged and tone mapped in Photomatix.

Wow, Mo. Excellent as always. Would make a great series framed and hung on a wall.

#1 and #2 are my favorite. I can kinda see what you mean though on #2. the burning could be a tiny bit better and for my taste the tree could be about 3mm to the right. but really those things are the difference between a 9.9 pic and a 10. Its still phenomenal.

I spotted The 2nd pic being nominated for POTM and i simply love that shot..sinister look as agreed and i wonder why it remind me of the movie "Big Fish":lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back