Arbour II

Heh, didn't notice the bump :blushing:

Thanks, your too kind :)

Krestan, it's near Great Missenden, Bucks, England, UK.

Cheers everyone :mrgreen:

Continuing my tree obsession ...

These are worth commenting on again.

#4 & 5 remind me of a story by John Steinbeck, 'To a God Unknown.'

Mr. Trask, became obsessed with a tree in his backyard- in fact, he went as far as to worship this tree as a god. He would nail dried ears from sows that he had slaughtered to the tree as offerings. He treated his kids and wife miserable. The kids grew up really messed up. The book was very dark.

In a later book, one of the messed up kids married a prostitute that was messed up. She had two kids and then deserted them all. The kids became really messed up. This story became Steinbeck's classic, 'East of Eden.' This was dark too.

It has been at least 30 years since I read these books, so my synopsis is probably- messed up.

Great shots; :)

Heavily-doctored photos like this always leave me confused.

At first glance, they are quite striking.

But then, my brain says: "...but they don't really look natural"

These photos (and many others here) are only 1/2 photography. The other half is image processing. But they are 100% art. As art, they are quite outstanding. As photography... I'd have to see the originals, but I suspect they are quite good as well.

Your composition is quite excellent. Kudos.

Do we have a forum for photos that are pure & undoctored?

Haha :D

Thank you for your comments.

I'm not going to start a discussion here about what you have said. There is no point anyway

Do we have a forum for photos that are pure & undoctored?

There is no such thing ;) With the greatest of respect you cannot fully understand the photographic process and make comments like that :)

Many thanks

Mohain

There is no such thing ;)
Exactly, there is no such thing as an undoctered photo.
As a photographer you make all kinds of decisions when taking, developing and presenting a picture. All photographs are just an interpretation of the real thing anyway ;).
For me this is photography all the way.

There is no such thing ;) With the greatest of respect you cannot fully understand the photographic process and make comments like that :)
Oh, but I do understand the process. I've shot, developed, and printed my own images. I've also doctored my own images in software.

My point was that if I look at a photo and one of the first things that I feel is that it looks good but not natural, it's too much doctoring for my taste. Each film puts its own bias on an image, some more than others. Each digital camera also does its own processing, to some extent. But I generally don't look at them and think: "that doesn't look natural" I think "what nice bright colors!" or "what nice skin tones!".

There is no need to talk down to someone because his opinion is not 100% positive. That is why you posted here, right? To get honest opinions and not to search for nonstop praise. Well, that is why I post at least.

From this thread, you have learned that XX number of people viewed your images. Of those, YY cared enough to comment. Of those, ZZ people thought they were outstanding. You have learned (or reaffirmed) that heavy-handed modifications are not for everyone, but that more people like it than not.

From my own photos, I don't get as many views or as much feedback, and more of my feedback is criticism. There's always room to learn more, no matter how good one thinks one is.

I guess it is just a matter of where different people draw the line.

I guess it is just a matter of where different people draw the line.

This subject is intriguing to me. Possibly, rather than further skewing the "purity & intention" of the stats here, it could be picked up in this forum;

Photographic Discussions
A place to discuss what photography means to you: your influences, ethical challenges, abstract ideas, and other non-technical matters about photography and photographers.

Certainly it would be interesting to examine different view points.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back