are my lenses up to par?

I would go with Mikes above advice (assuming the cost is pretty good). Yes it is an F/4 lens, however, you still have your 50MM F/1.8 for low light situations. People go ape**** over "OMG WUT ABUT LOW LIGHT SHOTING!", yet I bet a majority of their photography isn't in any such situation.

If you are willing to spend 300 bucks on a lens, check out the Sigma 24-60MM F/2.8. Its sad that Sigma doesn't make this anymore. I picked mine up for 200 bucks way back when it was selling for around 180-210. Now you can't find it for less than 300. It was/is a damn solid lens.

yeah the majority of my photos are not in low light conditions but i sure cursed my 55-200mm with its f5.6 at the 200 end trying to shoot squirrels in the shadows of the trees... to bad i can't get a leash on a squirrel and bring it in the light... so having 2.8 is good think no matter what... if you can afford the price tag.

yeah the majority of my photos are not in low light conditions but i sure cursed my 55-200mm with its f5.6 at the 200 end trying to shoot squirrels in the shadows of the trees... to bad i can't get a leash on a squirrel and bring it in the light... so having 2.8 is good think no matter what... if you can afford the price tag.

I thought you had a Canon? Well anyway, if you are shooting Nikon, your options aren't as great as Canon's, but you do have a choice. The 80-200 F/2.8 (push/pull or the AF-D) is a great lens, but sadly will not AF on your D60. Personally, I would take a look at the 70-300 VR. No its not a low light champion, but then if the majority of your shooting isn't in low light, then you're good to go.

I thought you had a Canon? Well anyway, if you are shooting Nikon, your options aren't as great as Canon's, but you do have a choice. The 80-200 F/2.8 (push/pull or the AF-D) is a great lens, but sadly will not AF on your D60. Personally, I would take a look at the 70-300 VR. No its not a low light champion, but then if the majority of your shooting isn't in low light, then you're good to go.

well the op does have a canon :) and i already have the 55-200 vr which is just as bright

Wtf. Ah. It's the black and white photos. You two look alike. Brothers?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back