Arise

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally got my model room back in order, and have started to photograph my models. I dont have much of a light set up, so Im winging it with a 60 watt bulb and Christmas lights
I have been having trouble with my computer and the colours being off, so I hope these look o.k.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

166_6613aa.jpg

Dragons Rock.

166_6618aa.jpg

They're very good considering your lighting rig!

I would recommend using a 100W bulb and hanging a bit of paper over the front to eliminate some of the tungsten. You can also help it a bit by drawing (scribbling with a biro) some blue lines on the paper to cool the colour temperature slightly. Be careful it doesn't all catch fire though - most desk lamps aren't rated for 100W and especially not with a bit of paper hindering the air-flow.

Cool models by the way - your own work?

Rob

Thanks Rob. I appreciate your comment.
I never thought of the paper trick. I used to use a tissue over my onboard flash to defuse that but never thought of the paper over the light. I will try it.
Yes, these are mine. The little skeleton dude was left over from a kit I had. I did come conversions, and gave him an axe. The gravestone is just modeling putty.
The dragon is a kit, but the base and everything else on it is scratch built. The base is made from small pieces of wood,Kitty litter(not dirty stuff though) and putty for the rocks, hand painted them and the a few other small things.
Thanks again.

wow...these are just awesome....and such detail...really great art work there chiller,...is there anything you cant do??

Man, those things are very impressive. I assume you have people pay you for some of that stuff. If not you better get on it. My uncle does alot of that. Warhammer 40K and stuff like that. When I was younger he sent me like an entire Ork army! I never really got into it though.. rather expensive!

Thanks everyone.
Aprilraven...there is a ton I cant do.:D I cant knit. Im not allowed to have those big needles.:lmao:
Airic...so that mean..your gonna come to my Halloween display next year. :lol:
Ghoste.... nah.. I have never sold anything. I used to do them to solve my over energetic creative times. I always wanted to get into movie sets,prop building and special effects. I have tried a few times, but because I do not have any "professional" training and a piece of paper that says I can do stuff..the turn ya away. I find I always want to create things, but I have never sold anything.
Thanks again all. :thumbup:

I agree... you should sell your stuff. You are a very creative individual. Very nice work!

Thanks a ton Linda. I appreciate your comments.

Thanks you so much Jon, and Ray. I really appreciate your comments.

Apart from the fact that I am as impressed by your models as everyone else is here, I also like how you arranged them and lit them with what light you had for these photos.

In the first I like the huge amount of black space (is it called "dead space"?), and in the second I like the detail of the model.

And I really appreciate Rob's comment about building light, diffusing light, (creating a fire) and trying to cool the colour temp of ordinary light bulbs! I do appreciate this part of the biro scribblings on the paper - I would never have thought that that alone could "do the trick"!

Thank you Corinna for your comments. I appreciate it.
The great part about this forum, is there are a wide variety of photographers, with brilliant ideas. I would have never thought of what Rob suggested. It is good for people to share ideas, cause it makes everyone else a better photographer. Whether your a noob, or someone who has been here forever, the smallest idea might help the next person.
Thanks Corinna,...and thanks again Rob.

Most reactions

Back