Arise

Thank you Kara. I appreciate your comments.

I can't believe I missed this thread! I've been waiting for you to get back in there and take some more shots of these guys. :D

I like both these shots - I love your models!! You are indeed very talented.

The first shot, by itself, is just sooooooo cool! Love the skeleton, with his open mouth and that axe. He is one scary dude! :thumbup:

Thanks for posting these. Hope you show some more. :)

very cool chiller! I've been painting miniatures for a couple of years myself. Do you play any wargames?

Thank you so much terri, and NMLeakway.
terri--hopefully over the next few days I can get a lot more pics done. I have been playin with lighting, and have tried Robs suggestion. I will post a few more shots soon...k?
NMLeakway--I would love to see your stuff, if you have some pics...please post them I have never played the games. I tried once, but have been more fascinated with the figures.
Thanks again for your compliments.

Chiller said:
Thanks Rob. I appreciate your comment.
I never thought of the paper trick. I used to use a tissue over my onboard flash to defuse that but never thought of the paper over the light. I will try it.
Yes, these are mine. The little skeleton dude was left over from a kit I had. I did come conversions, and gave him an axe. The gravestone is just modeling putty.
The dragon is a kit, but the base and everything else on it is scratch built. The base is made from small pieces of wood,Kitty litter(not dirty stuff though) and putty for the rocks, hand painted them and the a few other small things.
Thanks again.

I think you've done as well with this as can be done without spending some $$$ on a more sophisticated lighting rig. Whilst I'm here commenting, don't forget to try some photoshopping to make the colours a bit crazy.

Really like the dragon!

Rob

Chiller said:
NMLeakway--I would love to see your stuff, if you have some pics...please post them I have never played the games. I tried once, but have been more fascinated with the figures.
Thanks again for your compliments.

Sure thing. I've always been the same way. I've always been interested in the artistic aspect of the hobby... my friends enjoy the games more. I do play historical games though...

here are just a few pictures of some pretty old miniatures I had with me. the lighting isnt very good in this room and I'm using a little compact digital camera, so these arent going to be the best of quality.

miniature2.jpg

miniature4.jpg

miniature3.jpg

I always liked Dwarfs... so I have a large collection of Dwarf miniatures

miniature7.jpg

miniature6.jpg

http://www.comicstorewest.com/images/2003paint/P1010045.JPG

I'll have to dig out some of my newer stuff later. I'd like to see more of your work!

Wow Nate. The is some fine painting there. Excellent work.
Love the textures you have on the dwarves. Hope to see more of your stuff as well. I will be shooting more on Sunday night...I hope. Thanks for posting.

Most reactions

Back