Arize - Producer

Postman158

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here's a photo I did for my friend who owns a record company. Likes, dislikes?
Two strobes, one to camera left through an umbrella and one bare flash behind him. I left his computer screen on purposely, as we were shooting in his studio. Canon 5D Mark II, 50mm f1.4.

The original image:
8068117567_6cac14fc9a.jpg

Touched up with some typeography for him:
8068136560_5fa83415d1.jpg

Not bad! At first I thought the logo on the computer screen should have been in focus, but the smaller version works, even though it is pretty small. Lighting good, pose good, frame good, I like the red lights in the lower right corner, and perhaps they should not have been covered up.

I like it. Clean and simple. If anything I would clone out the red stuff from the lights where you put the name plate. Its a bit distracting but your average person would probably not notice or care.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I can see how they'd be sort of distracting. Glad you like it!

I wish he were turned slightly so that the light doesn't hit his shoulder on our right side. . I like the moody feel like this, but in this one I think the light on our left is too bright and could be toned down a bit to get a less brash, harsh look on that side and make your moody feel a little better.
The super bright white shirt is hurting a bit too. Had you toned down the light a bit to get you away from the blow outs in the shirt I think it would have been great.

I wish he were turned slightly so that the light doesn't hit his shoulder on our right side. . I like the moody feel like this, but in this one I think the light on our left is too bright and could be toned down a bit to get a less brash, harsh look on that side and make your moody feel a little better.
The super bright white shirt is hurting a bit too. Had you toned down the light a bit to get you away from the blow outs in the shirt I think it would have been great.

Thats why I post here.. you guys pointed out things that I didn't take note of. Thanks MLeeK!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back