Arkansas Farm Boy

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
An Arkansas farmer got in his pickup and drove to a neighboring farm and knocked at the farmhouse door.

A young boy about 9 opened the door.

"Is yer Dad home?" the farmer asked.

"No sir, he ain't," the boy replied.

"He went into town."

Well said the farmer, is yer Mom here?"

"No, sir, she ain't here neither.She went into town with Pa."

"How about your brother, Howard? Is he here?"

"He went with Mom and Pa."

The farmer stood there for a few minutes, shifting from one foot to the other and mumbling to himself.

"Is there sumpthin I can do fer ya?" the boy asked politely. "I knows where all the tools are, if you want to borry one. Or maybe I kin take a message fer Pa."

"Well," said the farmer uncomfortably, "I really wanted to talk to yer Dad. It's about your brother Howard getting
my daughter, Pearly Mae, pregnant."

The boy considered for a moment. "You would have to talk to Pa about that", he finally conceded. "If it helps any, I know that Pa charges $50 for the bull and $25 for the hog, but I really don't know how much he gets fer Howard."

The only ones you could get "testy" with are your brothers and sisters :lol:

my goawd a mighty... i leave for few weeks and you go to pickin' on me...

by the way, that baby is nineteen already! :lmao:

(cant believe anicole let this pass without a comment.....)

love the joke.....hey hobbes, i didnt knowd you was an arkie! hey cuz, how are you??? howz your momma and dem? you sure went a fur piece, 'eh?

aprilraven said:
love the joke.....hey hobbes, i didnt knowd you was an arkie! hey cuz, how are you??? howz your momma and dem? you sure went a fur piece, 'eh?

I shore was borned in Fordyce and still have kin in Fayetteville, Carthage and Camden. I's done beened all o'er them thar hills. :mrgreen:

Funny! But you can tell a "redneck" didn't write it. The farmer never would have said such a thing to a child. He would have just told him something like "Don't worry about it son. Just somethin' I need to speak with yore Paw about. Tell him to holler at me as soon as he gets back would ya?"

eromallagadnama said:
The only ones you could get "testy" with are your brothers and sisters :lol:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :hail: :hail: :hail:

hey mr hobbes, suhr...do ya reckon ya might mosey on down and visit with yar kin anytime soon??? its pert'ainer hot 'nough to fry a pie on the porch... ya may wanna reconsider the visitation if'n you've a mind ta...
just some friendly ad-vice ifn ya was trekkin down south to sit a spell...
its so hot, the mice are doin' back strokes in the troughs....the pigs have taken to the yankee country..they are headed to NORTH little rock...!! and the flies dont have the "want to" to light on the cow patties.... its hotter than a two pe**erd billy goat.

( miss home now, dont ya??? your welcome... now you know why you left!!)

We be thankin bout comin down yonder sumtime... I ain't shure we's gone come thar durin moe ski toe seeson in account we don't need no EEE. If'n we's plan our travlin round them hills, whar bouts should we add a waterin hole stop so we can have us a shin dig?

the finest thread I've come accross in a loong loong time! :biglaugh:

Hay Hobbes, me 'n aprilraven are cuzins -- more like sisters, but diddy tol' me not to go a tellin' it on accounta momma'd have a hissy. Anyways, come on down ta Benton, 'bout two hours by mule outside o' Little Rock. Heck, me 'n her probly fancy on up 'n meet youins in the city. Brang the chillens -- we kin put 'em ta work worshin' dishes for our supper.

youins give us a holler -- we'll swat all the waspers away for ya and kill the fatted possum we been a savin' for comp'nee.

Ya'll come on, now, ya hea?

:lmao:

as anicole mentioned...we are actually about dead center of arkansas..(that helps,huh? and leave it to me to be dead..center that is...)

ifn your around the center, holler at us...we would love to know your were coming... and would gladly meet up with you... me and my son and husband met up with craig at jackson hole....you'll have to ask him what he thought, better wait till he gets out of therapy....those nerve pills should be kicking in for him in another day or two...
but if you meet me and anicole togehter, you may need to bring your own tranquilzers... (we can get a bit 'hairy'....although, nicole shaves more than i do!!)

the hair hides alot of ....er... um..... flaws shall we say??? (danged 'ole inbreeding)

I done been to Benton beefore. It is a nice littlen'. I keep tellin my shuuga that she ain't seen no antique shops till she sees them thar Ozark homes neitha so we's gone check some them out too. As for shavin that thar hare, my cusin on my brother's, daddy's, momma's, cousin's, roommate's, aunt's, dog groomer's, nephew's, son's, sister's, doctor's, sister's side has eenuff hare to cover up that third arm he done growed.

I have driven all over AR and Benton is a good central location to stop. :D I also have a picture somewhere of me standing under a sign pointing to Aubrey, AR that is about 40 miles South of Forrest City. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back