OK, well on the DOF, first you need to know something of the subject, which will answere Jons question. It an Oxalis, which is a weed that takes over your lawn if your not carefull, and it is very close to the ground, and very small, so I believe any further DOF is out of the question. Yes I agree the centre is too sharp. Size wise, well it's the same size,as images I have posted on other forums, and they always seem to work Ok there, what is an appropriate size for here.
Jon, Yes you are correct in your last assumptions, I have recently bought a Macro attachment for the f717, and this was my first effort with it, are there any little tricks I can use to improve. And I have no objections to anyone playing around with any of my images, if it helps to achieve an end result. Thanks all, this is what I have been looking for, I know that the Critique Forum should be the place to go, but unfortunately I have not been over successful there in the past. Camera settings were f7 at 1/200s.Ernie
Here we are Jon, original, untouched, and reduced to 600 on the long side, with the setup this was the closest I could get, 113 mm. Ernie