Art isn't perfect

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not that this is art...but I was trying. I guess I'd call this glamor. No intent to stay true to life.

I have a problem with how soft her face and skin is, and how detailed her hair is.
I find it interesting, and awkward at the same time.

(But I know nothing about glam/fashion/people photography)

It's a very neat idea, I think. Didn't QUITE work for me, but I like where you're going.

I love this. I agree with the comment about the softness of her face in comparison to her hair though. The skin could use some more detail in my opinion. Otherwise, this shot gave me chills and definitely made me grin when I saw it. I have a weird obsession with females and their hair, and this certainly caters to that! That big hair! GURL!!! And I have to say that I love your taste in models.

I'm going to have to post the original,something I haven't done before so you can see the work I've done. 50% of her hair is my creation. I did skin work but not smooth the hair, never considered the contrast to be an issue but this type of imagery is new to me as well. Just kinda playing around in the lab, so to speak.

Thank you all for your comments!

With some sort of surrealist treatment on the hair, I think you could push this in the direction of superhero - or supervillain - pretty easily, and that might be awesome as heck.

I don't know, that hair kind of makes me cringe, makes me think of a commercial for over-blow-dried hair that needs some conditioner! Her hand is what looks the most odd to me but I don't know why. You could go all out I suppose and do something creative with it but maybe this is either too much or not enough depending on what you're going for.

If you re-edit the photo, be careful that cloning isn't that obvious.
You can see repetitive patterns in the hair, repetitive and unreasonable light, and also some hair with low opacity.
Clone stamp tool has options for setting the proper angle when cloning, so take that advantage and make sure that the hair comes from the right direction.

Yeah, you have to think about all of this and much more if you're messing with the hair :)

Almost every glamour shot ends up being nothing similar to the model you were shooting. The hair line is almost always moved a bit lower because apparently that makes the face more pleasing to look at. In this case her hairline might be moved a bit higher. liquify

edit to correct myself.

Last edited:
also, I forgot.

When adding much more hair you can select some hair and then warp, stretch, curl that selection. This way, together with cloning you can avoid repetitive hair patterns.

I don't know about this one. Her arms and chest look a tad blue compared to her face. The hair is a bit too much. There are some weird shadows that make it seem way over processed. I would burn around her nose some to bring back in the contour.

I did use select, warp and cloning but alas my skills are elementary. This was for fun and I know it's imperfect but it was the best I could manage. Here is trhe unedited and edited versions for comparison.

$_POR5543.JPG$_POR5543-Edit-2.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back