What's new

as a tourist, Brussels

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 4, 2013
Messages
6,494
Reaction score
2,991
Location
Wonderland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
wow. for some reason i love these. The detail is great they really are lifelike.
Plus i see shots of outside the u.s. and realize the u.s. isn't the entire world again and there are much more interesting places.
 
...Plus i see shots of outside the u.s. and realize the u.s. isn't the entire world again and there are much more interesting places.
Thanks for your words!

You Americans are funny...this is not generalization but... out of all USA people I met at least 80% told me something similar.
 
...Plus i see shots of outside the u.s. and realize the u.s. isn't the entire world again and there are much more interesting places.
Thanks for your words!

You Americans are funny...this is not generalization but... out of all USA people I met at least 80% told me something similar.
we are ingrained at young ages with a certain preprogrammed supremacy and American exceptionalism probably a reflection of the imperialism our country came from. The u.s. is a very much imperialist nation founded not far from its pre colonial predecessor, another long stemming imperialist nation and born from war and conquest. Hardly ever is u.s. people encouraged to see beyond the u.s. or its agendas but rather in the light of supremacy or continuing u.s. agendas.
 
As much as I would like to talk about this subject, I think we shouldn't bring it here...
 
As much as I would like to talk about this subject, I think we shouldn't bring it here...
just trying to help explain the reactions you are getting from americans. i love your photos..
 
As much as I would like to talk about this subject, I think we shouldn't bring it here...
just trying to help explain the reactions you are getting from americans.
... I completely agree with you and it's refreshing to hear this from an American guy ;)
 
As much as I would like to talk about this subject, I think we shouldn't bring it here...
just trying to help explain the reactions you are getting from americans.
... I completely agree with you and it's refreshing to hear this from an American guy ;)
Really in where ones identity comes from. Since we have our family tree long established and it was on this land before the u.s. existed....
i've come to a conclusion we survived here without it.
Perhaps i could partly blame my own early family though as they were ship captains and were allotted land here in exchange for bringing the gov. azzholes over in the 1600's.
They were never pro govt or church though so don't blame me. They just captained boats and were paid for in land. one was hauled in and fined for not showing up in church and hauled in for being anti government even back then. Another scalped by Indians, another in trouble for sleeping with a indian. All good fun.
All in where someone finds the foundation for their identity, often it is in the country they are born in and how far back they know. i don't necessarily find mine solely in the u.s. but more so in the land and family heritage which started before the u.s. existed here.
 
well... hm... got to admit that some of you are...

Damn right!

USA!!!!
i think im cool. course if im not sure, im probably not. im waiting for the o.p to post more photos. i figure if i hang out on here long enough maybe a couple more might show up? These are as good as the no. Vietnam photos i think. And those other ones with the sheep herders or whatever. Any place other than another photo of the golden gate bridge or Manhattan...
For for gods sake no more photos of rivers, lighthouses and waterfalls in Maine!!

No pressure o.p.
just sayn, we are counting on you now for our out of country passport...

just look at the design in these, historic. cobblestone streets, brick or stone walks. Old beautiful buildings. Even the lamppost is amazing.
wow. i think two is my favorite. look at that street, the building design just the windows are gorgeous. the barrier around the roof is artwork in itself. The post separating the street from the walk line up like little chess pawns. i wonder if all those people walking through even notice how beautiful it is where they are walking. They don't even seem to notice.
 
Last edited:
These imagine all look very very sharp to me.
 
These imagine all look very very sharp to me.
yeah... I blame flickr and their sharpening


bribrius. I'll post more later
 
Last edited:
Nice photographs, maria.

Who is the man in the black jacket? A friend of yours or did you catch him in a few images?

#1 is my favorite. I like the composition, linear perspective, heaps of depth.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom