What's new

As expected..FIREWORKS! (One especially odd!)

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
4,057
Reaction score
230
Location
Baltimore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. I had a TERRIBLE time shooting fireworks tonight. I was all set up, Manfrotto tripod, D300s, Tokina 11-16mm (I was about 20' from launch site), settings ready, focus manually set to just before infinity, ready to roll! And bring on the rain! :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: <--that's what me and my family looked like. Anywho, I went in the house, grabbed a plastic bag, held it to the camera under the lens hood and wrapped the rest of the camera with it. Held an umbrella as close to over top of the exposed lens part (just the front element at this point), and I set out to take as many photos as I could before the storm moved in. It never did storm, but the rain did get harder and I wasn't able to get too many shots. Needless to say, Mother Nature and I aren't getting along too well right now. But, I did manage to get these few off. Feel free to comment. (:

Nikon D300s
Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 AT-X PRO DX

1
DSC_4624.jpg


2
DSC_4622.jpg


3
DSC_4615.jpg


4
DSC_4614.jpg


5
This one reminded me of a flower..ALOT. Do you agree?
DSC_4605-1.jpg


Thanks for looking!
Mark
 
Last edited:
The first four are kind boring, but the last one is AWESOME. Great photo, great timing, great everything. That's a keeper.

Regards
Jake
 
Last one reminds me of chives!!! Nice work Mark.
 
you kiddin' me? these are awesome, especially the last one
 
Thank you kindly, everyone. (:

Mark
 
Thank you. That's my favorite as well.

Mark
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom