As expected..FIREWORKS! (One especially odd!)

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all. I had a TERRIBLE time shooting fireworks tonight. I was all set up, Manfrotto tripod, D300s, Tokina 11-16mm (I was about 20' from launch site), settings ready, focus manually set to just before infinity, ready to roll! And bring on the rain! :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: <--that's what me and my family looked like. Anywho, I went in the house, grabbed a plastic bag, held it to the camera under the lens hood and wrapped the rest of the camera with it. Held an umbrella as close to over top of the exposed lens part (just the front element at this point), and I set out to take as many photos as I could before the storm moved in. It never did storm, but the rain did get harder and I wasn't able to get too many shots. Needless to say, Mother Nature and I aren't getting along too well right now. But, I did manage to get these few off. Feel free to comment. :)

Nikon D300s
Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 AT-X PRO DX

DSC_4624.jpg

DSC_4622.jpg

DSC_4615.jpg

DSC_4614.jpg

This one reminded me of a flower..ALOT. Do you agree?
DSC_4605-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Mark

Last edited:
The first four are kind boring, but the last one is AWESOME. Great photo, great timing, great everything. That's a keeper.

Regards
Jake

Last one reminds me of chives!!! Nice work Mark.

you kiddin' me? these are awesome, especially the last one

Most reactions

New Topics

Back