As way of introduction, my favorite shot from my last wedding...

Kerbouchard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all. I'm relatively new when it comes to photgraphy and post processing having purchased my first DSLR a year ago, today. It's been a wild ride but I've learned a lot, read tons of books, and have had the chance to shoot with several pro's in my area. I was a pretty regular member over at photocamel, but got tired of the marshmellow critiques. Cindy, with Visions in White recommended this one, so here I am.

In any case, here is a shot from last weekend. I had a wonderful opportunity to assist Cindy and Mike and even take a few shots myself.

C&C appreciated.

bride-and-dad-reflection by Kerbouchard, on Flickr

This photo makes me wonder how planned or how chance it was - and how much pp work you had to put into it to bring out the reflection as much?

Thanks for the comment.

It was during the father daughter dance, completely candid. I did have to do a levels adjustment with a layer mask to bring out the reflection a bit. Earlier in the night, I took some shots similar to this with the cake so I knew what I would need to do to get the reflection to show up...that's part of the reason the foreground is overexposed.

I think it looks awesome!!! I would have loved a shot like that in my wedding book!

he lloks like ghost dad in the reflection

Thanks guys. From what the Primary shooter told me, the bride and groom loved the shot! I'm sure her post processing was better than mine. I still have a ways to go in learning photoshop.

Very creative. This is seriously an awesome shot.

Thanks again, you guys give quite a welcome. :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back