Assignment

zringinu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have an assignment where i have to photograph a party, starting at church and finishing off in a hall. i own a Nikon D60 an 18-55 and 55-200 lenses along with an external flash. what configuration you think i should use?

In general, I would use Aperture Priority and adjust the aperture to suit my intended desire for the image, letting the camera choose the shutter-speed. But, with your flash on the camera will almost always choose 1/60. If that is stopping the action, then great. If not, go to manual, increase the shutter speed and let the flash automatically increase it's power to do the rest.

If the ceilings allow for it, bounce off them with a diffuser dome on the speed light. (what speed light do you have?)

With those lenses, and assuming it will not be very bright indoors I think the flash will be a must. Using some kind of diffuser or bounce card will really help. Do you know any details about the place? How high are the ceilings, what color are they? Again, what flash are you using? (That will help me tailor the advice)

Thanks for the reply. unfortunately i have no information regarding the place of the party. i have the SB-600 flash.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back