Asuka?

butterflygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbymcdonald.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone here ever use Asuka? I am considering them to do senior/children/maternity books - anyone have any recommendations as to what book is the best - they have hard cover, soft cover, book bound, stitch bound - ah! I just don't know!

Any recommendations or experiences?

Thanks!

I haven't tried them either, but I've seen a lot of people talking about them. A Google search should turn up plenty of opinions.

I ordered an FLX in the middle of January so I can reply when I get it back. I regret notordering it as a matte though - I ordered glossy. Ohhh well

I ordered an FLX in the middle of January so I can reply when I get it back. I regret notordering it as a matte though - I ordered glossy. Ohhh well

Why do you regret the glossy? I actually liked the glossy samples they sent to me - seemed pretty sharp :)

I order them for customers all the time, They are a fantastic product, they are well put together, the printing is outstanding and they are only limited by your imagination/Photoshop Skills.
I usualy order the Book Bound FLX, the box with the hot stamping is a nice way to store them.

I order them for customers all the time, They are a fantastic product, they are well put together, the printing is outstanding and they are only limited by your imagination/Photoshop Skills.
I usualy order the Book Bound FLX, the box with the hot stamping is a nice way to store them.

Thanks SpeedTrap! I was actually just thinking of doing a first birthday book for a studio sample, so I wasn't sure what to get. I'm leaning toward the bookbound hard cover just to see what they're like :)

I'm looking at using them for all my Wedding Books. I like what they have to offer, and they aren't terribly expensive. I just hope their quality is better then the cheapo versions for like 30-40 bucks. I'm sure it is just by looking at the material they sent me. I love the matte finish that they have...seems like high quality stuff to me.

I recnetly went to a wedding show (no... not getting married) and some of the samples I saw there had fingerprints ALL over them (mind you, probably 300 people had gone through them) but, I preferred the more book-like matte. Minor deatil though, the quality was stunning :)

I just hope their quality is better then the cheapo versions for like 30-40 bucks.

There is no compairison, I have ordered a few inexpensive books from a few different vendors and they look horible when you put them next to an AsukaBook. The Colors and printing is so much better.

I really like Asukabook!!! I used the 10x10 bookbound flx I think it is for wedding albums?? The one that comes with an embossed cover. The very first one I ordered was glossy....and I make sure I chose matte every time now! Glossy is nice, but I use a lot of black backdrops for my lay-outs and fingerprints show all over the black! I have gotten so many compliments on these albums that I decided to offer smaller ones for seniors, parent's albums etc....for these I usually use the 7x7 book bound. Has a frosted case to protect it but the book doesn't come with the sleeve.

The only thing I don't like is they are made ovreseas pretty sure and take forever to come in, or so it seems. Usually 4 weeks. I needed a christmas gift for a nephew (adorable ABC book!) but thought about it to late and there christmas deadline is usually the first week of nov. I did order a cheaper one from shutterfly. It was nice enough for what I needed but definitely like the asukabooks a lot better!

Pretty sure you can get a good discount for studio samples but your logo has to be so big on the front cover. I just can't figure out a good way to do it so that it isn't distracting so I usually just order a second copy of a book which is a little cheaper than the 1st copy.

When I ordered my first book, they caught an error on my bleeds and called and had me correct it! They do have excellent customer service! Just make sure no typos or other errors cause it is a month fix!!

Hope some of that helps!! I just went to a wedding show (cause i am getting married) and out of probably 20 photographers no one had these. But when I got feedback from friends they said all there albums looked the same......I showed them mine afterwards and they loved it cause it was so different! But, they could also be a little biased!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back