What's new

At Last!

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
51
Location
Cheshire, England
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally managed to get a capture of M31 - The Andromeda Galaxy! You're supposed to be able to se it with the naked eye but not with my eyesight!:(
I've now got several photos of the relative area but until last night I've not been able to process them to show the Galaxy successfully!

1st Photo is the raw scan from a print taken with a 28mm lens. You can just make out the faint smudge of the Galaxy.

M31AndromedaGalaxyscan.jpg


2nd is after processing with constellation guides overlaid to help recognition. Adjusted levels and curves to slightly blue which has made it stand out more!

M31AndromedaGalaxy.jpg


I know this has nothing in the way of composition or artistic content but it's still a small triumph for me!:blushing:
 
That was quick! It may take some time for them to travel across the Atlantic!:lol:
 
Thanks man! I'm stacking the images from now (just waiting for my copy of AstroArt!) I can't wait till Orion come up higher in a couple of months!:D


I don't know why some people can't see the images though? I've cleared my browser history & I can still get them.:confused:
 
I see the second, but the first refused to change from "The Red X of Death" over to the photo that you mean to show us... hmph. Happens to some of your photos over in "our" threads, too, these days. It's to do with your picture host's server, I guess.
 
Changed them over to a PhotoBucket account so they should be there now?
 
yah I see them. .. but I see only a small dots on the dark blue background :) lol
hehehe but ok... nice that you are interested in astronomy :) it used to be my passion but then I skipped to photography and I had no time to look up there...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom