at what point does a fisheye/WA give you vig?

dyyylan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've heard 10.5mm, is that about right? I've been shooting more video at the skatepark and would like to see how wide I can get it without the black borders, just as extreme of a wide angle as I can get. I have a d90, so not full-frame.

I would just like to say I think you are being very original, fish eye + skateboarding.... never heard of that before ;)

I am pretty sure it depends on the lens, and you mean "corner cropping" more or less, it isn't a vignette it is just a loss of picture. It's a much smaller problem on a cropped sensor.

on a d90 the 10.5 would be roughly a 15mm with the crop factor, not sure at what point that woiuld come into play though, never used a fisheye

I would just like to say I think you are being very original, fish eye + skateboarding.... never heard of that before ;)

I am pretty sure it depends on the lens, and you mean "corner cropping" more or less, it isn't a vignette it is just a loss of picture. It's a much smaller problem on a cropped sensor.

haha the man speaks truth.

I'd imagine it would depend on the lens.

It is very common :) I dare to say ALL professional skateboard, extreme games photographers have a fisheye for skateboarding and all.

10.5 does not have black borders. It's a DX lens, so it only works on DX Cameras. FX Cameras using that lens should be bound to have black borders. Using a real fisheye lens is not like those cheap ass adaptor where it degrades quality, gives you black borders and degrade colour. Real fisheye gives u almost 180 degree POV so you can see your leg when you are shooting straight.

So just use it. No black borders will come out on a DX body, I swear

It is very common :) I dare to say ALL professional skateboard, extreme games photographers have a fisheye for skateboarding and all.

And everyone else using it means you should too? A better way to get noticed is doing something original, and I don't see fisheye doing that.

No offense to anyone, just my opinion.

Most reactions

Back