What's new

Audi Convertible C&C Appreciated

Wadi1100D

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 25, 2012
Messages
35
Reaction score
3
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I found these photo's in my hard drive and I would like to share them with you. It was while I was in transit at Doha Airport, Qatar. Hope you like them and as always, comments and critique welcome.

Thanks.

Giridhar.

$Photo0482.webp

$Photo0486.webp

$Photo0487.webp
 
Not to sound rude, but they look like snapshots. Also, the shots weren't taken at creative angles so they just look boring to me.
 
Excellent car, but like said above, boring images.
 
Thank you guys! I certainly do appreciate your honest and frank feedback. I know that these images look boring as this was a static display in a common area of the airport (the duty free) so I really can't do anything about that. However I would like to know which angles would be considered as "creative" as I am looking into car photography as well. I will try to get lower next time, although they will probably call security or something if I do do that hehe ;) I do like the reflections on the car and it shows how well the car is maintained despite having thousands of people touch it and stand next to it for photo ops, the paint work looks sleek and shiny.
 
Get on 'eye level' with the car... so come way down with the camera to where you are even with the headlight. Maybe come up a bit from there, but that angle will give you some really sleek shots.

Position of the car needs a little work too. From #1, you should move around the car in a counter-clockwise rotation so you see the side and the front of the car. From #2, you should move around the car in a clockwise rotation to see the side and the back of the car. And for both of these shots, bring the camera way down to eye level with the car's headlight, maybe a little bit higher.

I understand there's not much you could do with lighting because it's at an airport, but different angles would really make this shot
 
Thanks Daniel,

I will try that next time with my dads car, he has a giant Hyundai Santa Fe SUV, apart from what you mentioned about getting low and framing shots with the headlights and movement, what else could you recommend that would make it pop. I also wanted to take environmental factors such as heat and sunlight into account so I thought sunset would be a good time. Appreciate your feedback.
 
The location of the car is a big one. Find a nice spot that will frame the car well. Sunset/sunrise will make it look nice too. Not sure what else I could recommend, I don't shoot cars too often, or ever...
 
The locaton sucks, so do your best to take images that don't include elements of the background. Also work on the exposure, it's a bit under exposed with the whites.

Get the details of the car using a wide angle lens, get really close and get low so you are not shooting down on it in every shot. One set of details that might have come out nice like that would be directly from the back, getting part of the tail lights, emblem, and the details on the trunk up into the roof line..

something like this but from the low and more behind angle eliminating as much background as possible...
405661103.jpg
 
When there is a lot of crap in the background ....tighten up on the POV and make good tight detail images...If you want the whole car strip it out and put it in an environment.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom