What's new

Aurora Borealis

Cricketboy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 4, 2010
Messages
60
Reaction score
2
Location
Moorhead, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a few aurora photos from this weekend. The first photo was taken around 10:40 pm. There was only a dim auroral oval visible to the north, when suddenly at around midnight the sky suddenly exploded with curtains and columns of light! I'm surprised I could see them this well from downtown Hibbing, MN! The last 2 images were taken last night around 11:30 pm north of Hutchinson, MN.

All these images were taken with my Canon T2i, and the 18-55 kit lens. f/3.5 ISO 800 6 to 30 seconds.





 
Mmm, those are pretty good!
 
power lines are killing me maybe try editing them out
 
power lines are killing me maybe try editing them out
I tried doing that, I honestly just gave up. No matter how I cropped it cut out to much of the lights, or looked absolutely ridiculous. I also took 7 other photos after I moved the camera in front of the power lines.

I like the silhouetted ones,shame that the pics are small...
Did you click one them? They're only thumbnails that link to full size photos...
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom