Autumn Forest Nymph

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sometimes we get so busy that I think we lose some of the passion we started out with. This mornings session included scouting a new location, a beautiful little red headed baby, and PERFECT lighting! I left feeling SO refreshed and energized to finish off the season!
IMG_9858a-L.jpg

IMG_9859-L.jpg

Long time no see TC!!! Nice work!

Yeah, someone has to bring home the bacon in this world lol!! Sometimes I'm lurking in the background, sometimes I'm asleep at the computer, and every once in a blue moon I show up and post lol!

beautiful location!

The first one's a lovely photo as are your other photos I've seen. I think there's more of that bright space than needed above the child in the second one.

I also can't help but see it from my perspective of a background in education/child development birth to 3. From the position of the baby's foot I'd think most likely he/she is working on trying to stay balanced; that and holding onto something (not having the hands free to catch him/herself if need be) depending on the child's age and current stage this could be challenging the baby's balance.

Which is fine, we work on that with kids but obviously this isn't on gym mats. I think a parent could be upset if their child gets hurt on YOUR photo shoot even if it's just an accident and a bump/bruise. Working with other people's kids I think it's necessary to keep in mind how it puts you in a position of responsibility/liability. I'm sure you keep safety in mind, I'd just probably do this with a child that's a little older. (A guideline I'd often use would be to allow them up on something when they're able to swing their legs around and come down feet first.)

Last edited:
The first one's a lovely photo as are your other photos I've seen. I think there's more of that bright space than needed above the child in the second one.

I also can't help but see it from my perspective of a background in education/child development birth to 3. From the position of the baby's foot I'd think most likely he/she is working on trying to stay balanced; that and holding onto something (not having the hands free to catch him/herself if need be) depending on the child's age and current stage this could be challenging the baby's balance.

Which is fine, we work on that with kids but obviously this isn't on gym mats. I think a parent could be upset if their child gets hurt on YOUR photo shoot even if it's just an accident and a bump/bruise. Working with other people's kids I think it's necessary to keep in mind how it puts you in a position of responsibility/liability. I'm sure you keep safety in mind, I'd just probably do this with a child that's a little older. (A guideline I'd often use would be to allow them up on something when they're able to swing their legs around and come down feet first.)

I completely understand, and you'll be happy to know that mom was hiding behind that rock you see with her hand on baby's back, and my assistant is right out of screen left. I NEVER, NEVER, EVER put a child or newborn at risk. I have 5 kids myself, I understand what might make a mom nervous or endanger a child.

Very nice capture and the baby is so cute. Meant the first one.

Last edited:
Awesome shots! I think the second one would be a slight bit better if the super bright top section was cropped out though. That way the brightest part of the picture is the highlights on the baby.

have yo considered photoshoping the hz streaks at the top of the first one out? Otherwise i like the first pic

Awesome shots! I think the second one would be a slight bit better if the super bright top section was cropped out though. That way the brightest part of the picture is the highlights on the baby.
Thank you. I was going for airy and artistic sunflare on that second one. I can crop it down piece of cake!

have yo considered photoshoping the hz streaks at the top of the first one out? Otherwise i like the first pic

Yeah, they are spider webs catching the sun.... and I have considered it. I guess since they aren't coming across as anything but lines, I'll go pull them out. Thanks!

Thank you. I was going for airy and artistic sunflare on that second one. I can crop it down piece of cake!

I think it would work better if the kid was brighter. He's relatively shadowed, so the first place my eyes go are the super bright highlights at the top

Most reactions

New Topics

Back