Aww, man!

KeepShooting

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm pretty new to taking pictures and I've got a question about my camera.

First a little info:
I'll be moving to Scotland next week for 6 months and have been reviewing cameras to take on my trip. I had my heart set on a Nikon or Canon point and shoot. I wanted a higher end camera but not SLR because I will be hoofing it most of the time and didn't want too much baggage. My main focus will be on the wildlife and landscape of Scotland.

So, with that in mind...I bought a *gasp* kodak. I know, I'm frowning too. I feel like a newbie idiot! It is the Kodak Easy Share HD 10.1 MP, 12x optical/5x digital zoom and it cost $250.00. ($300 with warranty)

My question is, has anyone had a good experience with this camera? I've read so many terrible reviews of Kodak, I'm thisclose to returning it. I'd also like to know if anyone could recommend a comparable camera for around the same price.

I'm leaving Monday. Eek!

Point and shoot. . .
"Its the photographer not the camera"
I quote that, because I'm not going to say it myself.
Good luck.
. . .

i actually had one of those. They're not bad. the only things is that your inability to control focus.

I took some great pictures with that camera, if you know principles of what makes a good photograph - you can take good pictures with it.

I would have gone with a lower megapixel camera in order to be able to store more images on your card while hoofing it, but now that you've done it, 12x optical zoom is excellent.

Godspeed on your trip. You should get some beautiful shots.

Thanks for the encouragement! I was starting to panic over this camera but the more I fool around with it, the more I like it.

The sun finally came out and I grabbed my camera to see what I could get.

bumble.jpg

Being able to see the water droplets and the little hairs on the bee really excited me.

It's not SLR but not too bad either.

Most reactions

Back