B-29 Crash Site Trail

RyanMR05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A B-29 crashed near Wasilla, Alaska in 1957. It is now an ATV or Off Roading trail to get to the crash site.

Let me know what you think, of course good and bad!

1. Friends Toyota
B-29CrashSitetoyotauptrail2.jpg

2. My Yamaha Grizzly 700
B-29CrashSiteTrailwithGrizzly700.jpg

B-29CrashSiteTrail4.jpg

B-29CrashSitetrail5.jpg

B-29CrashSitetrail2.jpg

B-29CrashSitetrail3.jpg

7. Mt. McKinley
MtMcKinley2.jpg

I have the same Yamaha Grizzly. It is an awesome machine to go out in the wild with. But it will not help you get wild life pictures because it is too loud. I have been trying to find a solution to that. However I do not have that gorgeous landscape here in NY to use it on.

Like the last one the best. Some nice shots. A few are a bit overexposed in my eye though.

Cedarhurst, NY? I'm right near you.

It is loud and a friend of mine has the same one as mine with a aftermarket exhaust which makes his even louder. Here is the thing about riding here. You want it to be loud!

Even though I have a Smith and Wesson 460 strapped to my chest and bear spray, I still don't want to encounter a big momma grizzly. Most the time you can still see wildlife in the distance. (where I like them)(too many close calls with bears and moose for a life time)

I think a lot of them are over saturated.

nice. bein a pilot and a history buff do you have any info on the crash...i did a little search and didnt find very much

Really!? That much of the plane is still there? I am sure the Air Force could find a few spare men to haul it out of that beautiful landscape. I guess it is pretty cool actually. I just didn't really expect so much to left out there considering how long ago this crash happened. Nice pics, OP.

Most reactions

Back