What's new

B-E-A-utiful waterfall.

TordFuglstad

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 27, 2011
Messages
165
Reaction score
50
Location
Norway
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i like the last one the best,
though i'm not a huge fan of the yellowish post processing, and many of the images have some over exposed areas.

good choice on using long exposure!
 
I like #3 the best. I am also not a fan of the yellow tint.
 
i like the last one the best,
though i'm not a huge fan of the yellowish post processing, and many of the images have some over exposed areas.

good choice on using long exposure!

Me too!
 
Why did you make the shots look yellow? Natural should be fine.
 
God Damnit why can't I live next to a waterfall? lol
They look good but the effects on them are just a tad bit out of hand. I think it looks good in the third one and in the second one. But it's just a little too much. I think they would come out better as you shot it. Other than that I think it's good. Technique and composition all look fine.
 
Thank you folks! :) I also think the yellowish split-tone is a bit over the top.
But these were taken very late, and everyone had a very bad blueish tint. (Trust me, would not look good, even with wb correction.)
So that's why i went for this.

I'm going back during a cloudy day, at mid day. :)
 
They don't look like they're simply color-corrected for a blue tint. They look like they're sepia toned.
 
They don't look like they're simply color-corrected for a blue tint. They look like they're sepia toned.

Correct :) I tried color-correcting them first, didn't turn out great.
 
What the heck, I'll admit I like the processing! Maybe I'm not prejudiced due to seeing this sort of processing too often :) Wonderful subject, and I like your framing.

Anyway, where in Norway are you from? Sunnhordaland, myself.
 
A lighter sepia with less vignetting would have been more to my taste. Having the dark sepia and strong vignette makes these too dark (at least on this nasty monitor at work).
I like the composition though. Maybe try desaturating rather than complete monochrome. Also would like to know if you are shooting RAW.
 
Apparently you made all the shots with the filter. Have you considered trying without it?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom