B&H Has Lost My Business

I pretty much try to support the local brick & mortar stores

You mean they are REAL, I thought brick and mortar camera stores were a myth. For my area anyhow they still are. The only one within a 100 miles is a poorly stocked Rtiz store.

I pretty much try to support the local brick & mortar stores

You mean they are REAL, I thought brick and mortar camera stores were a myth. For my area anyhow they still are. The only one within a 100 miles is a poorly stocked Rtiz store.
I have two local (within 15 miles) but neither is a fujifilm dealer. Jackson, Lansing. The three Fujifilm (Ann Arbor, Livonia, and Grand Rapids) dealers are in three of my largest customer base areas, so it's overly convenient.

We are NOT going to litigate or re-litigate this issue on TPF. Period.

Post accordingly or this thread will be history.

Okay, but that doesn't actually mean that they were guilty of anything. It's very common for large businesses to pay settlements just to make a problem go away.
Indeed. More expedient, and considerably less expensive. Lawyers charge by the hour and they charge more for hearings and trials than to negotiate settlements. Did you ever plead guilty and pay the fine for a traffic summons or parking ticket? I have. When you contest them, you spend half-a-day in court and then if you're found guilty they pile additional court fees on top of the original fine. It is more expedient, and considerably less expensive to resolve things like this as efficiently as possible.

It has happened to me. I once settled out of court for something I did not do because the cost of litigating it would be more than the settlement. I call it predatory litigation. It isn't that uncommon.
When innocent, I have gone to court from violations to misdemeanors. To me, a 'good' name is worth more than money.

Okay, but that doesn't actually mean that they were guilty of anything. It's very common for large businesses to pay settlements just to make a problem go away.
Indeed. More expedient, and considerably less expensive. Lawyers charge by the hour and they charge more for hearings and trials than to negotiate settlements. Did you ever plead guilty and pay the fine for a traffic summons or parking ticket? I have. When you contest them, you spend half-a-day in court and then if you're found guilty they pile additional court fees on top of the original fine. It is more expedient, and considerably less expensive to resolve things like this as efficiently as possible.

It has happened to me. I once settled out of court for something I did not do because the cost of litigating it would be more than the settlement. I call it predatory litigation. It isn't that uncommon.
When innocent, I have gone to court from violations to misdemeanors. To me, a 'good' name is worth more than money.

It is hard for me to imagine why settling a lawsuit would have anything to do with a good name.

It is hard for me to imagine why settling a lawsuit would have anything to do with a good name.
That all depends on the nature of the lawsuit.

To me it is kind of like the difference in actions between Sargento and Toyota.

Toyota knew there was a problem with airbags hid it for years, and in the long run ended up paying I believe the biggest fine in history for their actions.

Sargento just discovered that some types of their cheeses may have been contaminated with bacteria. Not one person has reported an illness due to eating those particular types of cheese, yet they have voluntarily recalled those types of cheeses and stopped purchasing product with the supplier that made those particular types of cheese. All without government intervention or prodding. Purely voluntary on Sargento's part.

My wife decided not to get another Rav4 last year, instead she bought an Outback. I bought Sargento cheese at the grocery store when I went on Tuesday.

Last edited:
They are like closed or offline every time I want to order something. Probably more coincidental but I laugh at it every time I think to order something.
Maybe your significant other is colluding with us to keep your GAS in control? :)
Seriously, the site is 24/7/365 except order entry is offline Fri evening and Sat until sunset NYC time out of respect for the Sabbath when commerce is prohibited. Our hours and calendar:
Store Info | B&H Photo Video

I think the key here is to remember that while there is smoke there is a line between a campfire and a forest fire. More often than not stories get blown out of proportion by click hungry news sites.

I am sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. That said, having been to many a manufacturing facility in my years there are always different crew/front office bathrooms.

Oh wow B&H is here,I love B&H and has always been a great experience ordering as a customer and I will continue to do so.

To me it is kind of like the difference in actions between Sargento and Toyota.

Toyota knew there was a problem with airbags hid it for years, and in the long run ended up paying I believe the biggest fine in history for their actions.

Sargento just discovered that some types of their cheeses may have been contaminated with bacteria. Not one person has reported an illness due to eating those particular types of cheese, yet they have voluntarily recalled those types of cheeses and stopped purchasing product with the supplier that made those particular types of cheese. All without government intervention or prodding. Purely voluntary on Sargento's part.

My wife decided not to get another Rav4 last year, instead she bought an Outback. I bought Sargento cheese at the grocery store when I went on Tuesday.

I agree with that. But it has to do with corporate behavior, not lawsuit settlements. The talk about B&H corporate behavior is he said, she said which amounts to nothing in my view. My wife buys Sargento cheese every week.

Most reactions

Back